"Whoa, who said you were coming?" Damon asked from behind me and I rolled my eyes turning towards him.

"To meet the woman who gave birth to the love of my life?" I asked scoffing back at him. "Me." I stated in annoyance.

"As powerful as I am, there's a limit as to how many people I can transport with this spell." Kai stated and I eyed him.

"Right. Which is why there's two of you." I said looking at Bonnie. "And plus I'm a witch too, blondie." I said sighing and holding hands with Bon. "Shall we?" I asked holding my hand out towards Damon who entwined his.

"Let's go get mom." He nodded and we looked at Kai as him and Bonnie closed their eyes, starting to chant and holding onto the ascendant of 1903 between them. I looked up and saw a bright light before I looked around me and noticed our surroundings change as snow appeared everywhere. "Well, isn't this a picturesque slice of hell." Damon stated sarcastically and I kissed him on the cheek softly before looking at Bonnie.

"You guys go ahead. Kai and I will start the locator spell on the ascendant." Bon nodded and Dam and I nodded back in agreement.

"Shall we?" Damon asked gesturing down at me before we untied our fingers and he walked further in front of me.

"I don't want to leave you with him." I stated looking at back at Bonnie.

"I'll be fine. He's a new guy, remember? New leaf." Bonnie reassured as I watched Kai catch snowflakes in his mouth from a few feet from us and I slowly sighed.

"Okay." I whispered before following Damon and leaving the two alone.

-Time Skip-

"Can we just take a few seconds and acknowledged how insane it is that we're standing in the house that you and Stefan grew up in?" I asked in astonishment, looking around at all of the old photos, lamps and furniture inside of the house. "Awe Damon! You were so adorable?!" I added smiling as I held a picture of a child with chubby cheeks.

"Awe thanks—Except that's Stefan." He replied in annoyance and I bit my lip smirking before putting the picture down. "This-" he stated leaning over me and grabbing a picture. "Is me." He added quietly as he ran his thumb over the picture of him on his mother's lap. "We're not here to socialize—Find the ascendant. Get my mother and after we get Stefan to flip his switch, we figure out what the hell we're gonna do with her." Damon sighed and I rose my eyebrow.

"Or you could give her another chance." I stated eyeing him as he searched through some drawers in the living room.

"A chance to what? Eviscerate another literal boatload of people?" He asked scoffing in annoyance.

"Stefan was a ripper. You never gave up on him." I countered, crossing my arms over my chest.

"And where was Lily from 1858 to 1903?" Damon asked me in disappointment and I slowly sighed.  "She was blood-binding through Europe while Stefan and I carried the loss. Not exactly eternal, Mari—As far as I'm concerned, my mother died when we buried her empty coffin." He added emotionlessly and I looked down in silence. "The woman we're looking for is just a tool to get my brother back." He stated standing in front of me now and I looked up at him before I widened my eyes.

"Damon?" A woman asked from behind him as she watched him closely.. He slowly turned away from me and towards her as I watched the tension between them build.