Chapter 1: Winter Break

She looked to the right, smiling, as she gazed at the young brunette in the window seat who was her best friend in the whole world. She smiled, thinking about what they've done together. To her right in the aisle seat was the best man she has ever known, and she couldn't possibly explain how different her life would be without him.

She put her head back against the back of her chair and shut her eyes, hoping to get a little bit of rest before they landed, seeing that she didn't sleep much on the red-eye flight from Boston, where she lived, to Paris.

She was startled by the pilot coming on the speaker, announcing they were starting their descent into Paris, and that they should all fasten their seatbelts. She shut her eyes once again, this time knowing she wouldn't have much time to sleep at all because they would be on the ground soon and would need to hurry.

"Excuse me? Beca Mitchell?" Said a young voice coming from her right.

"Hi there!" Beca replied, laying her eyes on a young girl who couldn't be more than ten.

"Do you mind taking a picture with me?"

"Yea, let's do it! What's your name darling?" Beca asked, nudging Theo awake so she could squeeze past to the aisle.

"Chloe."

Beca's expression immediately softened. "That's a beautiful name." Beca said gently, and proceeded to smile for a picture before retreating back to her middle seat.

"What was that about?" Asked Emily, taking her headphones off and folding her notepad closed to talk to Beca.

"Just a little excited fan." Beca said, "Her name was Chloe."

"I can't believe it's been a year since that... kiss." Emily said, emphasizing her distaste with that event with her tone.

Their conversation was cut short by another announcement from the pilot, informing them that they were close to the ground, and that they should prepare for landing. There weren't too many people on their flight but they still all grabbed their carryon bags from under their seats so they could get off the plane quickly when they landed. Before they knew it, the plane was on the ground and docked at one of the gates at the airport in Paris.

"Beca- grab your bags, we've got to get off this plane quickly so we can make our train." Theo said, nudging his friend's shoulder. Beca in turn nudged Emily, passing on the information. Luckily it was only four thirty AM, and their train didn't depart until five twenty five, but they did have to go through customs.

The trio made a quick pit stop at a breakfast cafe in the airport before hurrying through surprisingly short customs lines. They made it to the station where they were boarding their Eurostar train to Southern France at five AM, so they had some time to kill before boarding.

Beca put her own headphones on and pressed shuffle on her favorite playlist. She sat on a bench, resting her head on Emily's shoulder, and she thought about the last time she was in France. It was winter break now, one year exactly after her iconic performance for the USO tour. She wasn't thinking about that anniversary though. It was also one year since she watched the love of her life make out with her boyfriend right in front of her.

As if her phone knew what she was going through, the song Steal My Girl came on. To say that the lyrics matched what was going on in her head was an understatement. She swayed a little bit to the beat and played the lyrics in her head.

"Everybody wanna steal my girl

Everybody wanna take her heart away

Couple billion in the whole wide world