ii. being adored

- angel's pov -

- angel's pov -

after my encounter with the cute kitty and the even cuter boy, i smiled to myself. not only was i about to start my first day as a vet assistant, but i met an attractive person along the way. once striding away after the short conversation i shared with the kind man and his cat, i reached the front reception desk of my new job.

"hi, i am angel bine. i am here as the new vet assistant," i told the front desk lady with a smile, even though i knew that she could not read my happy emotions behind my face mask.

the front lady began typing among her keyboard before she looked up to me and said, "ah yes, angel. i have you right here. please enter through the white door on your right. your trainer will guide you from there."

"sounds good," i exclaimed with delight.

as butterflies arose in my stomach prior to walking through the doors that defined my destiny, i did not know the cause of them. "was i nervous about the job? or was i nervous about the boy? what if i hate it here? " i thought to myself. i decided to shake the feelings away as i walked through the white doors that read, "employee's only".

this is the beginning of a fresh start.

once through the door, a man with tan skin and dark brown curly hair, that was almost black looked up at me. he was tall, it looked like he was over 6 feet. because he wore dark navy blue scrubs with a corresponding bright, white lab coat, it was easy to identify that he played a higher and different role in the building than i did. in addition, he had a black stethoscope around his neck that laid nice around his collarbones. once laying his eyes on me, he stood up straight after since his previous posture was bending down and writing something on a clipboard amongst the counter.

"you must be angel, correct?" he asked gleefully.

"yes! that's me, are you my trainer?" i replied back with a lively smile.

the tall man chuckled, "do not consider me your trainer. consider me your partner in crime! my name is hunter, but i'm formally dr. cotton. i will be your main vet for the next few months. you will be assisting me on most patients and we'll see how it goes from there!"

"thank you, dr. cotton! what would you like me to start of with?" i questioned with trill. i was head to toe filled with excitement as i could not wait to dive into action and help the animals.

"firstly, walk through that hallway where monica will show you our first patient. you should guide them over here, to room 3," he stated with assertiveness and pointed the pen he was holding toward the room that was labelled, "3".

"once you find yourself there with the patient and owner, find me around this area and we will begin our first examination together," he continued on. then he looked back at me to see if i understood his directions.