Chapter 22 • New Boy

Start from the beginning

"Hello class, I hope you all had a fun and relaxing weekend because now we're getting right back to work. We also have a new student joining us this year. Aaron why don't you introduce yourself please?"

The guy Aaron stands next to our teacher looking annoyed that he has to introduce himself to a bunch of strangers. I take the time to analyze him to see if he's someone that could cause me harm and if I should stay away from him.

He's quite tall, definitely one of the tallest boys in my grade but still shorter than all of my brothers who are walking trees. His hair is a wavy mess of auburn while his eyes were a pretty stormy grey, he definitely had muscles and broad shoulders even if he was hiding it behind a hoodie and sweatpants.

"I'm Aaron." After seeing that he wasn't going to say anything else Mr. Harris our teacher told him to find a seat.

I looked around to find that the only seat that's empty is next to me on my left. I watch as his eyes scan the room before landing on me and then the seat next to me. I tensed as he started walking towards the seat, I forced my body to relax as he sat down without glancing in my direction.

He's not gonna hurt you Ella calm down.

"Now that everyone's settled in I'm gonna pass out this test, it's worth half of your grade so I hope everyone came prepared if you need a pencil or to go to the bathroom nows the time." After no one raised their hand he started handing out the test until everyone had one. "Alright you have until the end of class to complete it. Good luck."

I looked down at my test while bouncing my leg up and down. Looking over the test my mind becomes hazy and I can't think of the answers no matter how much time I spent studying, taking a glance over at Lilli I see she's already halfway through the first page.

Come on Gabriella think think think.

Glancing at the first question I finally remember the answer and write it down with a shaking hand. I wipe my hand on my pants since it was sweating because of how hard I was gripping the pencil.

Taking deep breaths I can finally think properly and manage to finally complete the first page. After finishing the test I go through it to see if I got one wrong or if I missed something.

"That's wrong." I flinch and look to my left towards the new boy, Aaron, who was looking over my test while leaning back in his chair.

"What?" I question quietly while looking at his test to see it all filled out in his neat handwriting making my test look like a child wrote it.

"Number 15 it's wrong, you put B when the answer is D all of the above." He whispered back looking at my eyes before glancing away again.

Normally I don't like it when people give me the answers to something instead of helping me but this was my first test that determined my grade and I wanted to make my brothers proud instead of being a burden anymore than I already am. I quickly circled the right answer before looking at him again.

"Thank you." I mumbled back to lowly while looking back down but in my peripheral vision I could see him nod his head at me with a quick lift of his lips before dropping.

At the end of class we all hand in our tests before leaving to our next class.

"How did you do on the test?" I asked Lilli.