Christmas Special

''Twas a night before Christmas all through the night Clem couldn't sleep for it was her first Christmas. Staying up all night hoping to see Santa but little does she know Santa isn't real. John wanted to tell the young child that Santa isn't real to make her realize that life is filled with disappointment and that she should become a nihilist; Seraphina, on the other hand, thinks that she will learn that through her experiences in life and that she should have fun in her childhood.

When Clem was finally asleep Seraphina tried to use her ability to put the presents underneath the crimson tree. However she couldn't activate her ability, when she looked over at the slumped over child, she noticed that she had her eyes open and had a ocean blue glow from it. But when she went over to the young child and waved her hand over her eyes. Seraphina called John (who was dressed up as Santa clause but without the beard) over to ask if this has ever happened before. The the black haired boy went over and said "yeah it happens at least once a week."

"And you are just telling me now she should probably go to a doctor," Seraphina said this while starring a hole into Johns soul.

"It's not normal for a kid to do that John."

"I'm pretty sure that since she was more than likely built in a lab nothing is normal."

"Okay but you should at least told me so we can take her to the doctor."

"It's Christmas Eve let's make Clem's first Christmas one for her to remember nows not the time to fight." John lifted up the little child and taking her into her room and covering her up.

"Fine but you have to help me carry the heavy presents."

"Why is it so heavy?" John said while struggling to pick up a pile of presents.

"That's probably the text books I got her so she can actually be smart."

"The only smarts that matter is street smarts."

"That's why having both street and book smarts is good however it also makes you a target."

There was a long awkward silence between them. Seraphina broke the silence with a forced cough.

"What do you want for Christmas John," Seraphina whispered while walking towards John with her hands behind her back. When she got over she placed her arms around his neck.

"I already have what I want for Christmas." As John finished he gave her a light little peck on the lips.

Next day

"Mom, dad, wake up, it's time to open presents" She said this while jumping on top of John and shaking Seraphina.

When they got to the Christmas tree and opened presents. Clem got math and history textbooks, some action figures, and dolls. John got some books and clothes although most of his clothes he got were socks and a gift from his dad with a note that said 'don't fuck it up.' Seraphina got books and more clothes. John told Clem to get ready for the afternoon when most of John's and Sera friends and Arlo.

When John and Seraphina were alone John pulled out a small box with an envelope attached to it.

"What is this?" Seraphina said while opening the envelope. When she opened up the envelope her eyes went wide.

"It's a marriage certificate, I'd thought I'd throw you a bone and reward you with this."

"Oh I thought that if I signed this I would be rewarding you." Seraphina sheepishly replied.

"Open up the small box I think you would like it." John said while looking down at his feet.

"Let me guess it's a ring I should wear to point out that I'm taken by an angsty person... well when do you want to turn this in."

"Well since I want to get into the same college as you I thought that this is me showing you that I am committed in getting into the same college so why don't we turn it in on your birthday or the first day of college."

"Well with you being a high tier that would help but your grades suck so your gonna need help, I'll be your tutor but I won't be wearing anything lewd."

"And I wouldn't have it any other way. Now how about we get ready for the party I have to cook food."

"Why is it that you always cook.?"

"It's cause I'm better at everything than you, including using your ability."

"Whatever let's just get ready for the party.. explain to me why we decided to have the party at our house."

"Cause I get pleasure at seeing you struggle with how awful your ability to talk to people other than me is."

"I hate you John."

3 hours later
The time was 2 in the afternoon everyone including Arlo arrived. Blyke and Isen were carrying in the presents that Remi got for Clem. Arlo was having an argument with Cecile about how the press shouldn't have free speech. Claire as talking to John and Seraphina about the possibilities there child may have. Remi was talking to Clem when a gasp went throughout the room.

"Clem did you say that you saw your mom kiss Santa Claus and your dad wasn't there. So what your saying is that your mom is cheating on your dad and that I might actually have a chance."

"It's a miss understanding John was dressed up as Santa."

"Why was daddy dressed as Santa."

"Because Santa can't come unless you are asleep and if you saw me dressed as Santa would get you to bed."

"Dad are you sure that Santa is real I mean why would you let someone break into your house."

"How the fuck are you saying this your like 7 you shouldn't be able to think like that." Isen said after taking a giant gulp of eggnog.

"Maybe Santa's not real."

"You're right Clem Santa's not real." John thought that it was better to rip the band-aid off now then later for some reason.

"So who did mom kiss?"

"Your mom cheated on your dad because your mom kissed someone else. Since that happened I guess I have to become your step mom and marry your dad since it's true love."

"This is my first time actually seeing this but Remi he doesn't like you like that."

"Shut up Cecile."

"Fine I didn't want to say this today but me and John are getting married sometime next year."

"Fuck." That's all Remi could say at the sudden revelation.

"I didn't want to say anything but since Remi is saying I'm cheating I had to put out something to prove I'm not."

"So what you're saying is that I can't change the future."

"I have been saying this since I met you." Claire scoffed.

"Well anyway why don't we open the presents we got everyone." As John finished that sentence everybody at the party started to sit around the tree. Arlo was still talking about how Christmas is stupid. After the presents were opened everyone went out and started to carol Christmas songs

——————————————————-
A/N

——————————————————-A/N