Chapter 1: Prologue

This is a story of a girl long ago who found love in a place were no one else sought it. It takes place long ago in a far away land that is different from we're we live now. In this far away land there are mountains to the north that extend for as far as the eye can see. There is an ocean to the west that is as big, vast and blue as the sky. There is a grassy plain with hills to the east. It is a beautiful green color and it seems to go on forever. To the south there is a forest. It is very thick and it extends very far south. The people who live there call this place Katanes. To them this place was a paradise. To them this place was perfect in every way. There was only one person who thought differently. To her this place which everyone loved was a prison, it kept her here and took away the one thing she wanted, Love or at least that is what she thought she wanted. She had never experienced love. The only love that she had seen was the love between the land and its people. Her parents did not love each other. Her parents did not love her or her sister. They only loved the land. They believed that love was useless, unless it was the land you loved.

The girl that thought differently was called Luna. Luna had straight dark brown hair, pale skin, and brown eyes. She attended the local high school that was the only high school in her village.

On the days to come her life will change drastically. She will go through and face many challenges. But I am getting ahead of myself. Let's start at the beginning of this story, on that day....