I'm in love with a criminal

Start from the beginning

He kept looking at his legs for a while, until his eyes focused on something else. The stranger. He just sat there, on a chair, book in his hand, as if this was a normal thing to happen. The man didn't look up and Dan didn't say anything. He tried to free his hands from the ties.

"I wouldn't do that." The man said without looking up and Dan froze. "They get tighter the more you move."

"Let me go, please." Dan managed in a rough voice. He's gonna puke, his headache is gonna kill him. He wasn't sure if he could have walked if the stranger would have let him go.

"I'm thinking about it." Dan ignored that it was a lie. It felt like a bit of hope for him, even though he subconsciously knew that there was no way in hell he would get out of here.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to break in."

"You cracked the door." He said monotonously, turning the page of his book.

"I didn't know someone lived here." Dan said. "I'm sorry."

"Why are you here?" The stranger asked, while putting his book on the table next to him. He looked up and their eyes met. Dan forgot about his headache, because he needed to run away from here. He didn't care if his body would manage or not, he needed to go.

"It was a daring."

"You shouldn't lie to me right now." It sounded like a thread.

"I don't." Dan said silently, pleading. He didn't want to die, not here, not now. Not ever. It was the first time in his life that he wanted to go home.

"You do." The black haired man said coldly and got up, whereupon he left the small room.

"You can't leave me here." The door was open, Dan could see the man. He saw that he didn't give a shit about him. That this could end very badly for him.

"Why not?" The man asked, a tiny sign of a smirk on his face. Dan was so, so fucked.

"Please, don't kill me." Dan begged. It probably was stupid, it always ends bad in the psycho thrillers when people start to beg, but Dan couldn't help it. He had to try, he couldn't just let it happen. Because he can't run, he was tied up, he wouldn't just lay there and be murdered brutally.

The man seemed to roll his eyes, or he just looked annoyed. He came back and stood in the doorway for a while. Dan looked back at him, analyzed him. He was tall, skinny, black hair. He sighed after a while and came up to Dan, whereupon Dan flinched.

The man stopped at the end of the bed.

"I won't hurt you, unless you try to run." He clarified and Dan started to nod. Maybe he was stupid, but he believed him.

He began to release the ties on his legs. Dan froze, tried to breath normally. The man didn't look at Dan once and after he also untied his hands Dan sat up. He rubbed his wrists, saw the red marks, but tried to ignore them.

"Can I just go home? I won't tell anyone, promise. Or do you wanna call the police because I broke in? I just- I just wanna go home." Dan tried again.

"I won't call the police." The man said almost immediately. "But you are gonna stay here for a while."

Dan didn't know how he could have believed something else. It was a weird night, Dan didn't sleep, neither did the man, but they didn't talk either. Dan was in his head the most time.

The stanger left in the morning and Dan could hear how he locked the door. Dan waited a few minutes, looked out of the windows to make sure the may was gone until he tried to crack the door. He was successful, butapparently the man had somehow barricaded it from the outside.