CHRISTMAS SPECIAL pt. 1

part 2 will hopefully be out soon
thank you for being so patient <3

=*+*+*=

"So full of artless jealousy is guilt, it spills itself in fearing to be ."

~{*•*•*•*}~

It's been a couple of hours and I basically have been third wheeling this entire time. Alya and Nino have been non-stop flirting this entire time. It wasn't intentional, but anyone would be able to tell that I just don't fit in.

Honestly, I wish Adrien was here so I wouldn't be in this situation, but Chloe would end up backhanding me to the moon.

"Marinette, mind helping me over here for a sec?" A voice called out. Kim's to be exact. I quickly headed over to him and held the tape measure against the wall, keeping quiet. "Everything alright?" His concern washed over me. "I saw what went down with Chloe and Adrien, and then saw you all alone." Kim was an incredibly nice guy and easy to be friends with.

"Stuff happens, you know." I reply while Kim takes measurements. "And sometimes you just don't know how to deal with them." I sighed and slumped my shoulders, unbeknownst to me that Kim let go of the end of the tape measure, letting it snap at my fingers, cutting my palm in the process.

"Ouch!" I shrieked and dropped the tool, resulting in the entire class looking at me while I try to hide the embarrassment by falling to my knees and hanging my head low.

"Oh my gosh, Marinette. I'm so sorry." The lean boy rushed over to me and knelt down in front of me, holding on to my shoulders. We were also unaware of how a crowd was beginning to surround us, and how a certain blonde was trying to make his way past.

"Let me through." I could hear a male mutter, but it was drowned out by all the other murmurs. It just added to the embarrassment.

"Marinette, are you okay? Did it cut you?" Kim's voice was all I could hear at the moment so I just answered him. I leaned back slightly, giving him a reassuring smile

"It's no b-big deal." I tried waving a dismissing hand, despite the burning pain from my exposed wound on my palm.

"It's a huge cut, Marinette." I hissed when Kim suddenly grabbed my hand, revealing the red oozing out of the cut.

"Let me see." An unexpected voice came out of nowhere and my hand was snatched from Kim into Adrien's. "A-Adrien! Please be more careful." My voice became timid and shy . "Mari, this is a big deal! It could lead to an infection!" Adrien scolded me. For what? I have no idea.

"Alright, Agreste. A little dramatic much." Kim snapped.

"Well, maybe if you watched what you were doing, this situation wouldn't be happening right now." Adrien seemed more threatening this time and at this point they were up in each other's faces. I was not having any of it.

"Okay, enough!" Ms Bustier exclaimed, clearly disappointed with her students' behaviour. "Marinette needs to get that sorted. Kim take her to the reception. They should have a first aid kit to fix that up." The brunette immediately took my hands from Adrien and helped me up, much to the blonde's dismay.

"Ms Bustier" Adrien was quick to intervene. "I can bring Mari-"

"No." I interrupted him sternly while I stood with the help of Kim. "You've done enough, Adrien." That was the last thing I said before Kim lead me to the reception.

Adrien's POV

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. This guy was clearly trying to get to Marinette, and he was doing a horrible job.