Chapter 9

*Hermione's pov*

  The next morning I woke up exactly on the alarm clock, although it was Sunday. It was still dark outside the windows, and I thought that I could oversleep breakfast, but my stomach rumbled treacherously, I had to get up. All the girls, of course, went to bed late and slept without hind legs, so I decided not to wake them up and went to wash and tidy myself up, but on my return, I found Ginny, who was already on her feet and, jumping around the room in search of something pulling on socks.

"What's the rush, Ginny?" I asked while making the bed some with a wave of my wand.

" Good morning, Hermione! Look, it's snowing outside" I looked at the window and was delighted! Flocks of white moths swirled in the air. They then soared high into the sky, then fell down like a whirlwind. It was very beautiful, during the night everything was covered with a white veil. I immediately wanted to go outside and jump into a soft snowdrift, and Ginny and I quickly ran down the stairs to the Great Hall for breakfast. It seems that we were not the only ones in a hurry to eat and go outside, the hall was already almost full. Ginny nimbly stuffed a thick porridge with cream and molasses into her mouth, and we rushed off to play snowballs.

After a few minutes of the battle, we were already sweating and tired, so we lay down straight on the snow and began to catch snowflakes with our tongues. Ginny rolled over onto her stomach, furrowed her brows a little and said

"Hermione, I know you like my brother." I laughed.

" Which one are you talk ..? " suddenly we were attacked by a dozen snowballs at the same time. Ginny laughed, and I began to splatter the snow, which fell right into my mouth. We turned around and saw the twins who were grinning contentedly.

" Fred! George! "

"Yes, honey." Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Ginny's eyes widen. Fred, meanwhile, grinned even wider, extending his hand to me. I smiled at him and suddenly pulled him towards me, and his body pressed down on me. It was his turn to shout my name and to laugh for me, but at some point, I couldn't be under Fred's weight, so I pushed him off me. Apparently, Fred and George have already started preparing new snowballs, so Ginny and I ran for cover to bask in Hogwarts. 

  Our jackets were wet and our cheeks were burning, so it was just necessary to sit by the fire. We spent the second half of the day in a warm living room, talking quietly. No one bothered us, only Ron once flew into the room after upset or mad Lavender, muttering something like "I didn't sit next to her at breakfast, and now she says I don't love her."

________________________________

  A couple of weeks had passed since the first snow, but it was still cold. Hogwarts had undergone big changes and now the nasty toad Umbridge demanded that lessons could not be held in one of the parts of the school. It was absurd because then there wouldn't be enough room for everyone, but it did not bother her,  she solved this problem by starting to give lectures in several classes at once. Of course, this awful woman would always talk about insanely untrue things, but I didn't even try to argue with her, because I was too busy holding back Harry every time a bad word came out of Umbridge's mouth against Dumbledore (and this happened often). Although I thought that Umbridge's lectures were useless I attended them without missing, assuring myself that is totally not because our class was with the class in which Fred studied. He sat next to me, and sometimes we chatted. I laughed at his jokes, and Umbridge was beside herself and threatened to force us to clean up all of Hogwarts as punishment.

  It was Friday, and the lecture from Umbridge was about to start. I was already sitting in my place, wondering if Fred would sit next to me or not. I was already sitting with Dean, whom I could not refuse. I saw a group of boys, or rather the Weasley twins, Lee Jordan and a few guys I didn't remember names of. They were whispering something to each other and seemed to look at me from time to time. I saw Fred's friends laughing and pushing him in my direction and quickly turned away.

"Hey, Granger," Fred said as he walked over to my desk and showed Dean with his sight that it was time for him to leave. He immediately gathered his things and Fred plopped down on his chair.

"Yes, Frederic," I replied, trying to look like I was completely interested in the boy.

"Hermione, I'd like to ask ... you know what, it actually doesn't matter," I was a little disappointed. Not that I was waiting for something.

"Okay," I muttered, and the lesson began. The hour and a half dragged on indefinitely apparently not only for me, Fred also looked distracted and tired. He was turned not towards Umbridge, but towards me.

"Stop looking at me like that, you're embarrassing me," I finally said, turning to the boy.

"No, I'll never stop doing it, embarrassing you is my favourite thing in the world! You blush so sweetly, Granger." I snorted, and one of my curls fell on my face, tickling my nose. Fred smiled and pulled a strand of hair behind my ear.

" You look tired, have you been doing something with George again all night?" I asked, turning again towards the board.

" Do not worry about me, honey, I have everything under control," Fred turned me back so that I would look at him.

" Excuse me, Mr Weasley, I understand that Miss Granger is more interesting than me, but could you please pay attention to me too? Or has Miss Granger charmed you completely?" Umbridge's caustic voice was suddenly heard, and my heart sank into my heels. Of course, everyone turned at us, and there was a whisper going around the class now.

"Oh, I'll try, but I can't promise anything, Hermione is really too beautiful," Fred laughed, and I rolled my eyes.

________________________________

The next day was Saturday, I slept badly at night, so I didn't feel very well, my eyes were sticking together, and my hair was, on the other hand, sticking out magnificently in different directions. Going downstairs, I sat down at the table and stared at the plate, trying to stay awake. The hall was noisy, the main source of the noise was the twins and their friends, who were actively discussing something. I listened carefully to their words.

" Fred, what are you afraid of?" one boy asked.

" Yes, Fred, it's just a girl!" assented another.

" Here she is sitting, come to her."

"For Merlin's sake, be quiet, guys, I'm not affraid, I'm just not sure," Fred said.

" Come on!" George encouraged him.

" Hey, Granger!" shouted Fred and I looked up to him, " do you want to come with me to Hogsmeade?"

" Back off, Fred! " I replied because I was sure that this is another prank. Of course, I would go on a date with Fred, but he hardly likes me, so he probably just plays.

" I'll wait for you near the exit, love!" said Fred, ignoring my words. Should I go? Most likely he's joking, maybe he won't even come ... Will I go? Yes.

P.s. Here is a new chapter, I think the next one is going to be the final one. Anyways, don't forget to vote and comment, love you!