Chapter 7

A couple of years have passed since the events described in the previous chapters. Hermione has matured, gone through a lot, become smarter. She was now 16. Fred was 18 now and was already planning his future.

*Hermione's pov*

"Hermione, don't you really want to play with us?" Ron asked me for the umpteenth time. I tried to collect my books as quickly as possible and finally leave the noisy living room for my bedroom. In the main room of Gryffindor, almost all students from the 5th to the 7th year were gathered, and games were planned that I definitely did not want to participate in.

"Sorry Ronald, I really don't want to play your games," I replied with a little noticeable irritation in my voice. Several guys came up to the table, and Fred took one of my notebooks and started flipping through. " Fred, give it back, I have to go."

" I'm offering you a deal. You stay with us, and I, so be it, at the end of the evening give you your herbology notebook. "

" These are ancient ruins. "

" Doesn't change the essence. So do you agree? "

" Yes, Hermione, it will be fun, relax! " supported the idea his brother George.

" Okay, " I sighed " nothing bad can happen if I stay for a little bit. "

Happy Ron and Neville immediately dragged me to the centre of the living room, where the guys were already sitting in a circle by the fireplace. It didn't start so badly if you close your eyes to the fact that the twins smuggled a couple of bottles of firewhiskey and were already trying to experiment with their new inventions on a poor sixth-year student. I looked around the room for Harry and spotted him with Ginny. They chatted and, apparently, both were a little embarrassed. Ginny noticed that I was looking at them, and I smiled and waved. Lavender and Ron were hugging not far from them. I involuntarily rolled my eyes when I saw this picture. I didn't like Ron, no, I had outgrown him, but it was still unpleasant to remember how dishonest he had done to my feelings. But today I decided not to remember all the negative and, following George's advice, relax.

I went to the table with drinks and found that almost everything was alcoholic. This embarrassed me a little, but I took a bottle of fire whiskey and, closing my eyes, brought it to my mouth. The liquid seemed to burn my throat, and then everything inside, but still the feeling was pleasant. I was about to take a second sip when suddenly someone snatched the bottle out of my hands. I turned around. It turned out to be Fred.

"I want to point out that the drink is not for a lady at all, Miss Granger," the twin said, sipping from the bottle. " Would you like something lighter? For example, butterbeer?"

" No. You said yourself - enjoy the evening." I said, reaching for the bottle. But Fred lifted it up, and I just couldn't take it. Fred pulled me to him with his other hand as I jumped desperately, trying to reach the top of his arm, and hugging me laughed.

" Hermione, I absolutely can't let you drink!" he said softly, still hugging me. I was suddenly embarrassed by such closeness, and I involuntarily blushed. Hope Fred didn't notice this. I smiled slyly and kicked him in the stomach, not very hard, but that was enough for the boy to bend over and I was able to grab the bottle.

"Thanks for taking care of me, Fred, but I think I am able to do it myself. " I said and proudly walked away from him.

"I'll get even with you for that, devil Granger!" the twin shouted after me, and I turned, but only for a moment, to show my tongue.

  Moving to the corner of the room, I looked at the firewhiskey and sighed. Of course, I wasn't going to drink it. My friends didn't let me sit around for a long time, and now Ron and Harry again dragged me to the very middle. They were going to play something, and as Ron said, "I definitely couldn't miss it." When we finally pushed through and sat down with the rest of the guys playing, Lee Jordan explained the rules, which were very similar to the rules of the Muggle game "7 minutes in paradise". The names of all the participants were put in the cap, and we took turns pulling out the names of our partners, with whom we had to spend 10 minutes in the closet. George pulled first, and I must say that he was lucky because his partner was Angelina Johnson. Lee got Seamus Finnigan, and they resented it for a long time, and everyone else laughed. Neville came across Parvati Patil, and now it was my turn. I was a little nervous and even almost regretted that I agreed to play, but still took a piece of paper. It took me a second to read the name, and I immediately crumpled the note, but it was quickly snatched from my hands by Ginny. "Fred!" Everyone cheered, and Fred smiled even wider and now looked like a Cheshire cat. I just rolled my eyes. I had no luck today. In a few minutes, everyone was already paired.

"Good luck with Fred, Hermione." Ginny sang, beaming with happiness. She herself got Harry, and something tells me that she did a little trick over the hat. I sighed sadly and went to the Weasley I had inherited.

P.s. Hope you liked this part, cause I personally think it turned out pretty well. I'm going to publish a new chapter really soon, don't forget to vote and comment. Love you!