Going on Hiatus + Bonus Chapter

So, a few quick things.

This story has been dead for quite some time, but I recently got a renewed interest in MHA, and it's been giving me some great ideas. So, I'm reviving this story! To celebrate, here's a bonus chapter that takes place during the episode "Time to Pick Some Names."

***

Getting third place in the Sports Festival wasn't bad. But when people recognize you on your way to school, that's when it starts to get uncomfortable. At least, for me.

While Izuku and I were on the train heading to school, some people recognized us from the Sports Festival. I was flattered at first, but I got nervous when more and more people hounded us. Thankfully, Izuku was there to ground me, or else things could've gone a whole lot worse.

***

"It's so weird that people recognize us from TV," Mina stated. "Everyone wanted to talk to me on my way here."

"Yeah, me too!" Kirishima added.

"Same here, but it got pretty nerve-wracking after a certain point," I admitted.

"Can't say I blame you," Ojiro affirmed.

"You won't believe what a bunch of elementary school brats yelled at me," Sero told everyone.

"Nice try?" Tsu guessed. Sero groaned in exasperation.

"All it took was one sports festival and suddenly we're like celebrities!" Kaminari exclaimed.

"This school really is amazing," Mineta added. Dad then entered the classroom.

"Morning," he greeted.

"Good morning, Mr. Aizawa!" we chorused.

"Ribbit? Mr. Aizawa, you don't have bandages anymore," Tsu pointed out. "That's good news."

"The old lady went a little overboard in her treatment," Dad explained. "Anyway, we have a big class today on Hero Informatics."

I was a little worried, since Hero Informatics wasn't my strong suit. However, I didn't seem to be as worried as some of the others, like Kaminari and Kirishima.

"You need codenames," Dad clarified. "Time to pick your hero identities."

"This is gonna be totally awesome!" We shouted excitedly. However, Dad silenced us with an intimidating glare.

"This is related to the pro hero draft picks that I mentioned last time we were in class together," Dad mentioned. "Normally, students don't have to worry about the draft yet, not until their second or third year actually, but your class is different.

"In fact, by extending offers to first years like you, pros are essentially investing in your potential. Any offers can be rescinded if their interest in you dies down before graduation, though."

"So basically, we still have to prove ourselves even after recruitment, right?" I asked Dad.

"Correct," Dad answered. "Now, here are the totals for those of you who got offers." He pressed a button that showed our offers. Todoroki got 4,123, Bakugou got 3,556, and I got 979. However, I couldn't see Izuku's name anywhere.

"In past years, it's been more spread out," Dad explained. "But there's a pretty big gap this time."

Most of the students who weren't on the board complained about not being up there. While I was somewhat content with the amount of offers I received, I wondered why Todoroki got more offers than Bakugou, despite the latter winning the Sports Festival. The two reasons I came up with were that Todoroki's father is the number 2 hero in Japan, and that Bakugou's unpleasant personality was less appealing to the pros; he literally had to be restrained in chains during the awards ceremony.