o n e , #

╰┈➤

╰┈➤

˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗

I stepped off of the train, the wind from the landing blowing up and almost messing with my skirt.

Cordelia rushed to help me step down, grabbing my hand with her cold fingers.
"Ah Delia your fingers are freezing!" I said, grabbing her as we stepped off of the train's velvet carpeted flooring, transitioning to the cold England concrete ground, outside of the train station, nearing the sights of many other people waiting for the train.

Their eyes weary in the beginning of winter air.

I held her hands in mine, warming them as best I could before she snatched them away.
"Th-thank you my lady, but um.. that's not your job! Leave the warming to me, okay?" She smiled brightly but I just sighed.
"Delia, you know I worry about you. At least put your hands in your pockets. You'll catch a cold."
"Right away miss!" She exclaimed, placing her hands in her coat pockets.

I always thought that Cordelia was conventionally beautiful. Her hair was a deep black, it was always a little tangled but it still hung straight and dull, stopping just below her shoulders and curving just the smallest bit as it draped over her clothing.

Her eyes were at first sight a bland brown, shining the color of honey in sunlight. She was my maid but I had never thought of her that way. She was only a bit older than me.

It felt very in genuine the way she was around me. Of course I'd be the same way having to follow a bratty little girl around.

"When were we meant to meet Edward again?" I asked her, looking around nervously.
"Well it's 3 now..." She stated, pulling out her pocket watch.

It was winter break, break from my all girls school in the city, of course that also meant winter break from Weston College for Edward.

Edward and I would write to each other as often as possible. He was my fiancé. Oh my how it made my heart race.

I took care to wear one of my prettiest dresses, it was a light blue color, it's puffed sleeves draping over my shoulders like balloons.

There were a few bows on the back, decorating me like some type of gift, matching the ones tied into my hair. The shiny black heels my father had ordered from France.

The way they clacked on the ground as I walked made me feel a bit too flashy. Cordelia assured me that the dress complimented my eyes, that he would love how I looked in it.

"Y/n?" I heard a voice yell, it was Edward. I knew it was.

The way his voice rose and faltered like a drooping flower, it was finally him!
"Darling?" I yelled back, a bit too quietly. It was coming from inside of the train station, soon greeted by the sound of footsteps coming towards Cordelia and I.

I first saw his glistening blonde hair, his green eyes burned into my brain. I smiled and ran towards him, thrashing into his arms, his hug awaiting me as we melted into each other, a laughing mess of pulling away suddenly just to gaze into each other's eyes, then embracing each other again, my arms making their way around his neck as his nestled around my waist nervously.

Finally we had finished our reunion, Cordelia and Walter, Edward's butler, looking a bit awkwardly at us. Edward and I stepped away from each other, our cheeks red from the cold but also the flustered ness of seeing each other after many adorable and somewhat thoughtless letters to each other.
"Ah, y/n.. You look so beautiful." He said smiling and reaching for my hand, taking it lightly and pulling it to his lips to lightly peck my skin, filling my heart with bliss.

The warmth of his kiss rushing up through my arm and warming me entirely, the shivers of the winter rushing up and down my spine. I felt heat poking at my cheeks as I smiled at him warmly.

Suddenly he stood up from his kneeling position, abruptly grabbing me by my waist and pulling me closer to him, so that our chests were touching.

He kept one hand around my waist, another tilting my chin up to meet his gaze. I shivered at his touch, flustered and nervous to look into his eyes.

The wind, rustling his hair as he pulled me closer somehow, my eyes now meeting his.
"I really missed you." He whispered softly, his eyes quickly shooting over at Cordelia and Walter who looked down very awkwardly, along with the other people waiting for the train, we sort of were in the middle of it all.

I just gazed back at him, bringing my hands up to play with his cheeks.
"Some of your letters were sure scandalous." He turned as red as a strawberry, chuckling and pulling my face closer to his to place a sweet kiss on my forehead, tilting my head with his nimble fingers for better access to my ear.
"We'll discuss the content of those letters later, hm?" He whispered to the very depths of my ear, the sound waves rushing to my chest. I was surprised by his boldness, his words sending a shock through my body.

The hotness of my face spreading to the very tips of my fingers. I noticed the tips of his ears showing the very faintest of a red tint.

I knew he was trying to show off for me. I thought it was cute.

974 words

YES I know I know, Edward would most definitely be against whatever "scandalous" stuff y/n mentioned BUT I sort of just wanted to try out this idea of him.. the kind of one that sebastian taught him about eheh- not loving it. Mr. Conservative needs to go enforce some dress code policies.