"Hello." Galiva felt startled from the sudden greeting. She wasn't expecting anyone to talk to her.

"Hi." She timidly greets back. Galiva mentally scolds herself for being so shy.

"I'm Cassiopeia Les-" Cassiopeia introduces herself. Galiva noticed the girl seemed to cut herself off.

"Galiva Scamander." The red-head says, speaking in a shy voice. Cassiopeia had an awkward smile on her face as she turns to look at the black lake.

"I've heard that a giant squid lives here. Do you think that's true?" Galiva perks up at the mention of a giant squid.

"My dad told me a giant squid did live here. He says it once helped him back into the boat when he fell into the black lake in his first year." Galiva seemed much more energetic as she talked about the squid.

"Head down," The giant man yelled. The four kids in the boat look over and quickly duck when the boat goes under a wall of ivy. They seemed to be under a cave, dark as Galiva had a hard time seeing. They finally stopped at what looked to be a harbor. Cassiopeia first got out of the belt and then the two twins climbed out, whispering excitedly to each other. Galiva stumbled out, Cassiopeia deciding to help her. The red-head whispered a quick thanks.

They all followed the giant man as he carried the lamp. His head swirled around as he looks at all the first years.

"Everyone here?!" His voice boomed. All the first years nodded.

Galiva watched as he raised his fist and knocked on the great oak door three times. Everyone was silent when the doors swung upon. Galiva's eyes were quick to land on a tall stern lady, that wore emerald green robes,  who stared down at the with strict eyes. From under her gaze, Galiva felt like a mouse.

"The firs' years, Professor McGonagall," The giant man said.

"Thank you, Hagrid. I will take them from here." Professor McGonagall says. Galiva noticed there was still a strict tome in her voice.

Hagrid nodded, allowing the first years to follow the Professor. As they followed Professor McGonagall, Galiva could hear many voices speak from behind a large door. Galiva suddenly felt nervous, realizing she might get sorted in front of the whole school.

Professor McGonagall lead them into a small empty chamber where she turned and faced them. All the first years were clumped together, staring up at her nervously.

"Welcome to Hogwarts," began Professor McGonagall. "The star-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory, and spend free time in your house common room.

"The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history and each had produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points, while any rule-breaking will lose house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup, a great honor. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours.

"The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school." Galiva felt her stomach drop at the mention of it. "I suggest you all smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting."