Chapter 20 - Questions For You

Start from the beginning

"Wow! That's awesome!" Momo exclaimed. "You're really talented!". Kyouka scratched the back of her neck nervously as he cheeks flushed light shades of pink.

"Thanks..." Kyouka thanked as she smiled, glancing up at Momo. "What about you? You play violin, right? Anything else?". Momo nodded.

"Violin is my main instrument, but I also know how to play cello and piano. Though I stopped taking classes for those instruments when I was 15.". Kyouka seemed amazed.

"That's cool!" Kyouka chirped. Momo chuckled. "You look quite tall, so what's your height?". Momo shrugged.

"Not too sure. I think I'm around 173cm tall, so basically 5'8" if I were to make an estimate." Momo answered. Kyouka chuckled.

"Not surprised you're that tall honestly. You make me feel tiny!" Kyouka exclaimed. Momo chuckled.

"Right, how tall are you then?" Momo asked. Kyouka sighed.

"154cm. So practically 5'1"." Kyouka answered. Momo gasped.

"Yeah, you're pretty short." Momo spoke in conclusion. Kyouka let out a 'Hmph' sound.

"I'm not small, you're just a giant." Kyouka spoke as she pouted. Momo tilted her head as she smirked.

"Oh really? Must suck being a dwarf.". Momo laughed as Kyouka groaned in annoyance, dropping herself as she laid on the bed and stared at the ceiling.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." Kyouka brushed off. "What are your hobbies? If you ever have free time, that is."

Momo paused as she thought about it.

"I actually really enjoy reading in the library during free period. Especially picture books." Momo answered. She blushed a little. "It might seem childish, but I really enjoy it.". Kyouka nodded.

"Picture books are for all ages. They're fun and enjoyable at all times." Kyouka reassured. Momo smiled.

"What about you? What are your hobbies?" Momo asked. "Apart from skateboarding and being rebellious.". Kyouka chuckled as she raised her head and sat up, looking at Momo.

"I like listening to rock music." Kyouka answered. "Stuff like Nirvana, Guns 'N' Roses, AC/DC, all that shit. I like it a lot.".

Momo hummed a little as she thought about it.

"That seems like good music. Never heard of it though..." Momo spoke, making Kyouka's eyes go wide.

"You've never heard of it?! Not even like, the Rolling Stones or stuff like that?" Kyouka asked, shook. Momo shook her head, smiling awkwardly.

"Guess not." Momo answered. Kyouka sighed.

"What kind of music do you like then?" Kyouka asked. Momo didn't have an answer.

"Well, I'm actually not really into music. I like some songs some students play at school, but I'm not really into music." Momo answered. "It's more something my parents force me to do, you know?". Kyouka nodded.

"Right, right." The purple-haired girl commented. Momo took some time to think about her next question.

"Hm... do you..." Momo paused. "Do you have a crush?". Kyouka took some time to think about it.

To be completely honest, she did. It was childish of her to neglect her love for Momo. Even though they barely knew each other, Momo was different from many people in her life. She was someone that cared, someone that didn't just hang out with her because it was fun. Someone that payed attention to her.

In such a short amount of time, they had gone through a lot together, and Kyouka noticed this stuff. Though she wanted to deny it, she had been full on running after the girl.

Kyouka smiled as she looked at Momo.

"Yeah, I do." Kyouka said, making Momo raised her eyebrows.

"Really? You do?" Momo asked in disbelief.

"Yep! I sure do. And they are the most amazing person I've ever met in my life!" Kyouka went on. "Its my turn to ask you a question now, right?". Momo nodded.

Though the girl with black hair glanced at the clock. She hadn't expected it to be this late. Momo shook her head as Kyouka was about to speak.

"Actually, it's almost time. If my parents come in to get me for dinner, you could get caught." Momo said. "Sorry we couldn't finish the game though...". Kyouka shrugged as she stood up from the bed.

"It's alright. We can always continue some other day." Kyouka reassured the black-haired teenager. Momo smiled as she stood up from her chair and went over to Kyouka. She accompanied Kyouka to the balcony as the purple-haired girl climbed over the railing, hanging onto it as she stared at Momo.

The two looked at each other with passion with their eyes, both smiling. Kyouka hung onto the railing as she crossed her arms over it.

"Well, thank you for coming over." Momo thanked as she smiled at Kyouka. The purple-haired girl chuckled.".

"No problem.".

A silence reigned as both did nothing but look into each others eyes. Unconsciously, both their faces leaned in towards each other, as if they were about to kiss. Momo's eyes closed as well as Kyouka's, but before they could do anything, the sound of the door opening was heard.

The creek of the door slowly opened as a familiar voice to Momo spoke.

"Momo, your parens request your presence for dinner—" A woman with blue hair said as she stared right at the balcony, watching as the two girls separated (Momo backing up, since Kyouka couldn't move anywhere). The maid seemed shocked as Momo seemed panicked.

"J-joke! It's not what you think, I..." Momo tried to deny, but she trembled on her words. The maid stood silent as she watched Momo, then glancing at Kyouka who seemed frozen.

To the two teenagers' surprise, the maid winked, smiling.

"It's not my secret to tell. I won't tell a soul." The maid spoke as she crossed her fingers. "Not in a lifetime.".

Momo sighed in relief as Kyouka smiled. The maid looked over at the purple-haired girl.

"You might wanna hurry before you get caught!" Ms Joke joked. Kyouka smiled.

"Thank you miss!" The girl thanked as she quickly disappeared, climbing down the wall.

Momo smiled at the maid as she hurried back inside, closing the doors of her balcony.

"Thank you Joke, thank you!" Momo spoke, running up to her and hugging the girl. Joke smiled.

"Don't worry about it. You're like a daughter to me." Ms Joke said. "I would never betray you like that.".