Chapter 13

Zaks pov

I sat down on the blanket. I went over and took out everything from the basket. Sandwiches, chips, and salsa.
" wow! This looks good thanks Darryl."
Darryl giggled " your welcome" Darryl handed me a sandwich, I took it. " you want anything to drink?" Darryl said,
"What do you have?" I said, peeking over.Darryl looked though the cooler

" we have, Dr Pepper, coca-cola, sprite, and water!" I thought for a bit " can I have Dr Pepper?" Darryl handed me one, I opened it. I thanked Darryl, I Took a bite of the sandwich. " wow!" I said, still eating the sandwich. " Zak! What did I tell you!" Darryl said, I nodded. " aren't you going to eat?"

I said, I looked at Darryl. He was looking out into the distance, like he was mesmerized by the stars. He looked like he'd never seen stars, the moon was glowing on his body. He looked... ugh! Am getting distracted.

" Darryl!" I yelled, Darryl jumped and turned to me " uh ya?" I shook my head
" are you going to eat?" I took the sandwich and showed it to Darryl.
He looked at it and looked back at me,
" am not hungry" he said, he looked back to the stars. I sighed, Darryl " pls" I whispered, he turned at me.

" you haven't eaten!" I told him, he nodded " fine" he turned his body towards me " here, you get your self a drink" I handed Darryl the sandwich. He got out a soda, I watched him while he ate the sandwich. " why are you staring at me?" Darryl said, I didn't know how to answer... " uhh.." Darryl looked confused, he shrugged and went and took a bite out of his sandwich.

I giggled, he finished eating " you want to sit with me?" Darryl patted a spot next to him " sure" I said, I crawled to him and sat down. I put my legs against my chests. I hugged my legs " today was nice" I said, looking up to Darryl.
" thank you" I said " you're welcome, Am glad you had a good day" he looked out into the night sky.

" you really like the stars don't you?"
I asked " I always had, I had a telescope when I was younger. I was mesmerized by the billions of stars" he stopped talking, he sighed. " what wrong?" I asked " nothing really.." he responded,

" why are you so nice to me?" Darryl said, he looked at me. " well.. it's not your fault, that we got into this force marriage" I said, I continued " I was mad at the time I found out I had to be in a marriage with a guy... I don't like guys, I like girls. So I was mad, and I took that anger on you... am sorry"

Darryl didn't respond, he nodded

" are you going to say something?"
I asked him, he sighed
" do you.. like girls?" Darryl asked, what? " ya? Why do you ask?" I responded, " nothin! I doesn't matter..." Darryl said, he got up " am leaving"

" wait what?? Why are we leaving?" I said, Darryl looked sad, and mad?...
" am Tired" he said, he got the basket and handed me it. He picked up the blanket, he started to walk really fast. I  ran to catch up. He opened the trunk of the car and threw the blanket he snatched the basket out of my hands and thew it into the trunk. " get in" he said.

He got into the car I followed after. He drove to the house. the ride to the house was quite..He parked outside of the house, Darryl went into the house.
I got out of the car

What did I do?