21

PART TWENTY ONE
Double update? Yes.

Three weeks. Three weeks had passed since Taehyung and Jungkook have seen each other.

To say it broke the boy was an understatement.

He was sitting in the park like always, cigarette between his lips and a beer bottle beside him. His body was shaking from the cold, white snowflakes falling onto him.

His tears were burning on his cheeks and all he wanted was to forget. Forget everything.

Taehyung missed Jungkook.

Missed his everything.

He didn't know what he did wrong for the man to suddenly stop seeing, texting and calling him. And it was making him go crazy.

A quiet sob left him, taking out his phone with a trembling hand.

12:05 am

"Happy birthday to me." He whispered quietly with a broken voice, another sob leaving him.

Taehyung threw his arms around his figure, trying to warm himself as much as he could. Jungkook's leather jacket was wrapped around him like always, the faint scent of cigarettes and cologne ever so slowly vanishing and getting replaced by Taehyung's scent. The boy didn't like it.

He wanted Jungkook.
He needed him.

Jungkook was all he had left.

———

Taehyung knew he shouldn't do it.

He was staring up at the boxing club with red puffy eyes, debating whether to go inside or not.

Hell, he didn't even know how he got here.

Hoping Jungkook had a match tonight, Taehyung hesitantly walked inside the warm building.

Immediately was being greeted by loud cheers from the crowd in the distance. "Ay, you came for the match?" Someone called and Taehyung snapped his head around, staring wide-eyed at the security guard.

"Just show me your ticket and-...wait..aren't you Jk's little boy?" The man laughed. "Christ, haven't seen you for weeks. Want me to bring you to him later? He's having a match right now."

"N-No...I-" Taehyung stuttered with a panicked voice, quickly rubbing his eyes to not make it look like he cried and drank.

"S'not a problem. Jk haven't told me about your visit, but guess it's a surprise, huh?" Jay snickered, leaning his arm around Taehyung's shoulder. "Ya know, I swear you make him happy. He's been in such a good mood ever since he brought you here. Well, the last weeks it wasn't that good, but you probably had a fight and that's why you're here right no-"

"No, u-um...you got it totally wrong. We're not even together!" The boy quickly said. "And I'll just go. Don't tell him I was here."

He was about to wriggle out of the man's hold, when the security guard grinned and patted his shoulder. "No need to be shy. I totally get it. You want me to give you the key to the changing room? And then surprise! That'd be awesome, you can't tell me otherwise."

Taehyung swallowed heavily, panic ever so slowly taking over him. It was a bad idea to come here. Jungkook shouldn't know he was even here.

"Please-" Jay cut him off with a laugh, before handing him the keys. "Sure thing. Just-...ah, the match is over." He said with an excited glint in his eyes and turned to peek into the huge hall. "Jk won. Gotta give your man a reward!"

The security guard laughed to himself, shoving Taehyung towards the changing room. "I have to stay here and look over everyone, but tell me everything the next time we see each other!" Jay clapped his hands with a wide smile, while Taehyung stood in the empty hallway with trembling hands.

He tried to swallow the lump in his throat, quickly hiding behind another wall, when he heard footsteps coming closer. Taehyung closed his eyes shut in fear, when the door to the changing room opened and closed again. Jungkook was in there. All Taehyung had to do was take the keys and get inside to confront him.

The boy got back to his feet and hesitantly walked over to the heavy metal door. "You can do this." He whispered to himself, his shaking hand almost letting go off the key, when he tried to open the door.

Taehyung was tense when he finally let the door swing open to step inside. As soon as he got inside, the door closed shut behind him again and Jungkook snapped his head to him with confused eyes.

Realization began to draw onto him and he blinked his eyes repeatedly, pulling down his shirt again. The man shook his head and ruffled a hand through his curly hair. "What are you doing here, Taehyung?" He asked coldly, shortly holding his hand against his busted lip.

Standing frozen on his spot, Taehyung let the tears fall down his face once again. "Why?" He croaked out weakly and Jungkook furrowed his brows. "What?"

"Why did you ignore my text back then? Why don't you want to see me anymore?" He cried and got closer to him. "What did I do? Tell me a-and I'll...I'll make it up to you, please."

A frustrated sigh left the older as he glanced down at the shorter boy, who was standing right in front of him with a tear stained face. "Taehyung. You didn't do anything wr-"

"Why did you leave me alone then?" Taehyung yelled with a sob and slammed his hands against Jungkook's chest repeatedly. "Why, why, why? Why?"

The boxer clenched his jaw slightly at the feeling of Taehyung hitting the bruises on his torso, but nonetheless let him do it. He slowly lifted his hands, not failing to notice how the boy flinched, before placing them on his cheeks to wipe away his tears.

"Don't cry, because of someone like me." Jungkook whispered, leaning his forehead against Taehyung's, when he stopped hitting him.

Quiet sobs left the younger and he clutched tightly onto Jungkook's shirt. "Y-You can't just leave." Closing his eyes shut and taking a deep breath, the man nodded. "I won't." He whispered.

Taehyung sniffled softly, a small smile forming on his lips at his words. Maybe it was the fact that he had a breakdown, maybe it was because he drank alcohol before or maybe it was just the fact that he was so convinced he needed Jungkook that led him to leaning in to kiss the older.

Jungkook widened his eyes and quickly turned his head to the side, so Taehyung would kiss his cheek.

But the young broken boy didn't want to accept that. His sniffled turned into sobs once again and he found himself hitting Jungkook's chest all over again, while screaming at him.

"Why are you doing this?" He yelled with the salty tears streaming down his face. "What did I do? W-Why can't you just-..why can't you just love me?"

Jungkook's chest was heaving up and down harshly. He didn't know what to do.

Something inside of him was yelling at him to listen to Jimin and stop all of this, but then there was another voice that was telling him the exact opposite.

"Why aren't you saying anything?" Taehyung cried out and pushed Jungkook backwards a bit. Over and over again, till the man was standing against the wall. "Tell me! Why can't-"

Jungkook snapped. He grabbed Taehyung's wrists to stop him from punching him and turned them around, pushing the boy against the wall. A gasp left the younger and Jungkook furrowed his brows again, before crashing his lips against Taehyung's harshly. 

His hand still held tightly onto the boy's wrists, the other holding him by his waist, while he tilted his head to deepen the kiss.

It wasn't romantic.

It was a kiss of frustration, anger and pain.

Quietly gasping into the kiss ever so often, Taehyung tried to lean in even more and Jungkook couldn't help the low groan leaving him.

And Taehyung was happy.

He was a happy little birthday boy.