30

PART THIRTY

"Good morning!" Taehyung called once he skipped into the kitchen. 

Jungkook sent him a tight-lipped smile, shoving his bruised red hand into the pocket of  his sweats, "Morning, baby," He croaked out, voice hoarse. He used his unharmed hand to cup his cup of coffee and lifted it to is dry lips. The warm liquid burned on his busted lip, "Did you sleep well?"

"Yea, I did," The boy grinned like a little child and sat down on one of the chairs, "You?" He asked, wide eyes raking over the man's messy state. The ravenette hummed, "Yea, " Jungkook simply muttered and let his gaze wander over the counter, not once looking at his boyfriend.

Taehyung nodded, boredom slowly building up inside him the longer the silence engulfed them. He purposely let out a loud sigh, hoping for the boxer to notice and start giving him attention— which didn't happen. Hell, Jungkook didn't even raise his head to glance at him and continued to mindlessly drink his coffee.

So, the younger observed the kitchen with a tiny pout on his lips. His gaze stopped at the many empty bottles of alcohol, "Kook?" His voice already started, before he could stop it. "Hm?" Jungkook murmured and finally placed his now empty cup down to walk into the hallway and get himself a cigarette out of his jacket, before stepping back into the kitchen. Taehyung's throat went dry at the sight of the small stick and quickly turned to stare at the alcohol again, "Did...did you drink last night?"

Jungkook stiffened, taking the cigarette from between his lips again and holding it mindlessly in his hand. He glanced at the empty bottles, swallowing slightly, "I...um..." He croaked out, but Taehyung already jumped to his feet and rushed towards him. The boy grabbed Jungkook's hands and gasped, thumb softly roaming over the bruised skin.

"What happened?"

This question.

This goddamn question he wanted to avoid.

"Nothing."

Taehyung huffed, pushing his boyfriend onto one of the chairs rather harshly and skipping through the house to get the first-aid-kit. The boxer let out a defeated breath as he waited for Taehyung to come back and stared at the alcohol once again.

He just couldn't help it.

After whatever that was last night, he couldn't help but drink again.

Forget. Forget. Forget.

That's what had repeated itself inside his head the whole time, till the burning liquid finally ran down his throat. It was a never ending cycle.

"Did you have a match and didn't tell me about it?" Taehyung asked once he rushed back inside the kitchen and sat down beside the older to grab his hand again, "Yea," Jungkook managed to reply in a hushed, almost inaudible tone. His hand was shaking, when Taehyung observed the wounds on it and the boy frowned, "You have to treat those and not just ignore them."

And when he said that, Jungkook found himself back in the moment where the boy was at his house for the first time, being so easily amazed by a simple carpet in his living room, treating his injuries from his match before and stopping him from getting drunk just by his words and smile.

He hissed, once the wounds on his knuckles began to sting at the disinfectant and Taehyung bit his bottom lip, "Sorry," The younger uttered in a gentle voice and Jungkook forced a weak smile onto his lips, clenching his jaw, "It's okay."

Taehyung looked unconvinced, but nontheless continued to treat the man's bruised knuckles, wrapping a bandage around his hand to protect it, "Be careful, Kookie," He whispered. The other watched him silently, warmth spreading inside of him at the name he was given.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" The boy then asked, after having noticed Jungkook's stare, "Like what?" The ravenette asked with a faint grin. Taehyung chuckled, leaning forward to press their lips together shortly, "Do you have somewhere to be today?"

Jungkook shook his head.

"Why?" He asked and the younger hummed, putting everything back into the first-aid-kit, "I wanted to...um...maybe watch some movies again? a-and...dye my hair, but-"

The ravenette widened his eyes, bright smile forming on his lips, "What color?" He was practically gleaming and Taehyung already felt like a fool for being nervous about the other not liking his idea. "I'm not sure actually...I just want something different. Mine is boring."

Jungkook laughed and ruffled his bandaged hand through the boy's hair, "I think you look great, but if you want a new color then why not? We'll find something that is gonna make you look even better." Taehyung smiled cutely, clapping his hands in excitement and pulling the other in for another kiss. And it was then, that the boxer realized Taehyung didn't ask about the alcohol again.

He just left it like that.

Like it was nothing serious.

Like it was a normal thing to do.

And Jungkook couldn't be more relieved, because in the end it meant Taehyung didn't judge him like others did. Instead, he treated his wounds, because he cared.

A relationship could never be perfect. No one had the right to tell them what they were doing is wrong or toxic or whatsoever. They didn't know what they were talking about and just saw what they wanted to see.

Especially Jimin.

He compared their relationship to his own.
And he didn't see the good things at all. No, all he saw were the negative things.

But Jimin was wrong.