29

PART TWENTY NINE

Taehyung breathed in the scent of Jungkook's hoodie, which was way too big on him. The sleeves were longer than he had expected, sweater paws where his hands were. It reached down to the middle of his thighs as he strolled into the bathroom with a yawn leaving him. "Why are you up, baby?" Jungkook asked, who only had a towel wrapped around his waist and a toothbrush in his hand when Taehyung stepped inside.

Shrugging, the boy got closer to the ravenette and wrapped his arms around him tiredly, pressing his face against the hard chest. Jungkook mindlessly continued to brush his teeth, his free hand combing through his wet hair to reveal his sharp eyebrows and forehead. He paid no attention to the sleepy boy pressed against him, from to time only looking at him through the mirror in front of him.

The water droplets stained the hoodie Taehyung was wearing, but the young male didn't seem to mind as he cuddled even further into Jungkook's naked tattooed chest. Said boxer finished brushing his teeth after a while and gazed back down to the boy in his arms. "Go back to sleep," He muttered, running his calloused hand through Taehyung's brown hair.

"Don't wanna," He heard him yawn and Jungkook sighed, lifting the boy up by his thighs to carry him out of the bathroom. A quiet giggle left Taehyung at this, snuggling his head into the crook of the other's neck. He shortly pressed a faint kiss onto the skin, hearing Jungkook letting out an amused breath. 

Once they were back in the bedroom, the older carefully placed Taehyung onto the bed again and pulled the blanket over his figure. "Sleep," He whispered into the dim lit room and chuckled, when his boyfriend puckered his lips a bit. Jungkook kissed him tenderly, earning himself a happy smile from the boy as the wet strands of his hair brushed against Taehyung's face.

The ravenette pulled away again and stepped towards the closet to get himself a pair of sweats and a shirt, before he walked out of the room again. He didn't really feel like changing in front of the other boy already. So, he went inside the bathroom again to put his clothes on and ruffle through his hair with another towel. This day surely didn't end as expected; hell, he would have never thought he'd actually lose his best friend.

And all of it just because he was trying to help Taehyung? 

A deep sigh left him and he leaned down to prop himself up by the sink, lifting his gaze to stare at his reflection in the mirror. His piercings shimmered in the light, still slightly wet hair falling into his face messily, lips dry and chapped and dark bags under his eyes from the lack of sleep. Jungkook tightened his grip on the sink, knuckles turning white from the pressure while his eyes ever so slowly became glassy. 

His fight with Jimin kept replaying itself in his mind, the way they yelled at each other as if they weren't best friends. The longer Jungkook stared at his reflection, the blurrier got his sight. 

Jimin was all he had left.

It was always him.

He was the only one who was always there for him, the only one who wanted to help, the only one who stayed with him even though he was a drug addict. Jimin was the one who taught him how to fight, without him...Jungkook would still be homeless and participating in illegal street fights.

And Jungkook was so so thankful for it. He just couldn't believe their friendship was over, because he didn't want to accept that his relationship might not be the best decision he ever made. But fuck, he tried to stop all of this. Jungkook told Taehyung the truth only for him to have another breakdown, denying everything he said. 

He couldn't just watch him cry like that. He couldn't risk Taehyung having to go back to his parents house, so they'd beat him for who knew how long. He couldn't risk Taehyung losing all hope and ending up just like him.

All he wanted was to protect Taehyung from the cruel things the world had to offer.

Even if it meant he'd lose everything that still stopped him from going berserk.

Jungkook didn't realize the second tears started to roll down his pale cheeks, biting onto his dry lip to stop himself from making any sound so Taehyung wouldn't hear him. The sensitive skin teared apart beneath his teeth, the metalic taste of blood now getting into his mouth.

He never wanted all of this to get so out of control.

His chest seemed to tighten with  every sob he tried to surpress, making it harder for him to breathe as he clutched one of his hands into is hair to pull on the strands in frustration. His scalp stung at the force and Jungkook could only pull even harder to focus on the physical pain rather than the mental one that was burning him alive.

It was all too much.

A silent scream left him, chest heaving up and down heavily as his legs gave up on him and he curled up into himself on the cold tiles of the bathroom floor with tears still streaming down his cheeks. He slammed his hand onto the ground repeatedly, feeling the skin around his knuckles tear apart as the red color became visible on the white tiles. 

And he could just hope that Taehyung was already asleep.