18

PART EIGHTEEN

Jungkook stared wide-eyed at the man sitting beside him, disbelief filling him to the core. "Y-You..."

"Hey." Jimin sighed. "Long time no see, i guess, huh?"

"What are you doing here?" The ravenette managed to croak out with a still weak voice. "Broke up with my girl and decided to move back here." Jimin shrugged, scanning Jungkook up and down. "You really haven't changed."

Furrowing his brows, the boxer scoffed. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"You're still into drugs and alcohol."

A roll of his eyes was the only response Jimin got.

"And? What about it?"

A groan left his old best friend and he rubbed the bridge of his nose tiredly. "Kook, you're gonna die, if you keep doing this." He spat. "Then so be it. I don't fucking care, have nothing to lose anyway."

"Are you stupid? Jungkook, just because your parents didn't accept you back then, it doesn't mean you should go and act like this. It's not healthy!"

The ravenette clenched his jaw tightly and got to his feet, stumbling slightly. Jimin quickly held him by his arm, only to get pushed away. "Don't fucking touch me." Jungkook growled. "We haven't talked in years and all of the sudden you're coming back here and expect me to just act like nothing happened? You don't know shit about me and my life anymore, Jimin!"

"But I know why you started doing drugs and drinking till you pass out! That's enough for me to stop you from taking more of it." The other raised his voice. "Yes, your parents didn't accept you, when you told them you're gay, but-"

"Shut the fuck up!" Jungkook yelled and grabbed Jimin by his collar to slam him against the wall. "They threw me out of the house, Jimin! They left me, because I told them about my sexuality." He continued. "I was 15!"

Tears started to form in Jungkook's eyes. "I lived on the streets at the age of 15. I had nowhere to go, i had no money, I had nothing. And you think i'd be able to survive there without doing anything illegal? I had to deal with drugs back then to have money, Jimin. I didn't want to, but I had no other choice."

Jimin swallowed slightly, grabbing Jungkook's wrist from around his collar. "I know, okay? I know. But still..."

As soon as the first tears rolled down Jungkook's cheeks, Jimin threw his arms around him. "I didn't have a choice, Chim. My life was so miserable...and i know i should have never started doing drugs as well, but i couldn't help it. I just wanted to forget about everything." He cried out, trembling.

"But you...you sold more and more of it, Kook. It didn't seem to stop back then. All you talked about was how much money you made with it and-"

"I needed the money to buy myself boxing equipment. You were the one who taught me how to fight properly, after seeing me at a street fight. And I was so so happy, that someone wanted to get to know me. I wanted to impress you, Chim, i wanted the best equipment so you wouldn't think of me as this weird poor boy. And then I just couldn't stop anymore!"

His tears streamed down his red face and Jimin felt a lump form in his throat. He held tightly onto Jungkook's shaking figure, feeling his tears drop onto his shoulder.

"It's okay. I got you." He whispered and felt them sliding down the wall, when Jungkook's legs gave up on him once again. "I got you, Kook. I'm here."

"I never wanted this to happen. But every fucking second i feel like I'm drowning in all of this. My parents don't want me, my friends left me because I'm so fucked up...I..It's just too much. I can't do it." Jungkook sobbed. "Alcohol helps. Drugs help. But no one understands my reasons and judges me a-and then I feel even worse and..."

Jimin shushed him, tightening his hold on him. "You know I love you, Kook, right? Even if we haven't talked or seen each other in a long time, I never stopped caring for you. You're my best friend and even if you're so fucked up...I won't ever leave you again."

"Promise?"

"I promise, Kook." He said quietly, pulling away a bit to wipe the tears off the ravenette's cheeks. "You've grown." Jimin chuckled weakly and even Jungkook couldn't help the small curve of his lips at the male's words. "You didn't. Still the same shorty I knew before."

Glaring at the younger male, Jimin huffed. "I'm gonna remember this, Kook."

Jungkook choked out a small laugh, staring at his best friend with admiring eyes. "I missed you, Chim."

"I missed you too, Kook." The other smiled softly. "And now — you're should go shower and then sleep. You're too fucked up right now."