021

I slowly traced the outline of the tattoo covering Seonghwa's back as I sat on top of him, letting my fingers graze over the smooth skin as I felt every cut and curve of muscle underneath them, my heartbeat picking up as I felt him shiver underneath my touch as I admired the weapon.

He sighed in content and turned his head slightly to the side, still resting on his crossed arms, seemingly asleep had it not been for the occasional sounds of pleasure that escaped his parted lips, eyes closed, and eyebrows slightly furrowed.

I found myself focusing on every little detail drawn onto the slightly melanin skin, carved into the otherwise blank canvas, as I felt chills run down his spine in the wake of my touch.

I pulled back for a moment, realizing that, no matter how long I stared at it, I wouldn't be able to recreate the image perfectly, and grabbed my phone instead.

I stared at the picture on the screen for a moment, my cheeks still slightly flushed as I admired how he simply lay there; calm, quiet, and all mine only to chuckle as Seonghwa whined a little and reached for one of my hands to place it back on his back.

"What are you doing?" he mumbled, sounding tired. I smiled a little, running the back of my thumb across his feverishly hot skin in lazy circles as I said, "Just enjoying the view," not missing the way his ears went slightly red as he turned his head away from me again.

I sighed, momentarily stopping the movement as I realized, with slight panic, that I a tattoo of that size would take weeks to heal. Two or three at least, if not more, which meant that I had to get it done as soon as possible if I wanted it to be ready by the time the gala rolled around. But that also meant that I had to distract the others-

"Why did you stop?" Seonghwa asked, shifting slightly underneath me which tore me from my thoughts as I turned my focus to the pout on his lips, smiling a little at the sight.

"Why, aren't you needy?" I hummed, placing both of my hands back and rubbing them back and forth, earning a low sound of approval from the blond as he quickly nodded his head, eyes still closed.

"It's funny," I smiled, "When I have you all to myself like this, no one would be able to guess that my little boy toy is the underboss to Empire, the notorious right-hand man to the most feared person in the criminal world."

"Really?" Seonghwa hummed, glancing back across his shoulder at me with a look that immediately made me freeze, my cheeks burning even fiercer as he said, "Well, I'm not denying that I have a soft spot for you but even though you may be powerful, you're still wearing my shirt and nothing else at the moment, princess, so don't make it sound like you're the only one in control, like I'm the only one who's a toy."

"I-" I began only to halt as I whipped my head towards the door the same second it opened, seeing Yeosang poke his head into the room, champagne blond locks falling into his handsome face as he glanced around.

"Nari-?" he said, his eyes going wide as they locked with mine before glancing at Seonghwa who was still underneath me, his jaw going slack as he yelled, "Why are you naked?!"

I immediately scrambled off Seonghwa who got up from his spot on the bed as well, my cheeks burning with embarrassment as I wrapped his shirt a little tighter around me and ran a hand through my hair, the blond moving to shield me as he turned to Yeosang with a glare.

"Why are you here?" he growled, all signs of the soft personality and calm atmosphere from before long gone as he pushed me behind his back. I peeked over his shoulder at the informant who was still standing in the door as he continued to stare at the two of us with a look of mixed shock and confusion.