034

Seonghwa barged through the door to my room a little over an hour later, out of breath and slightly wide-eyed as I stepped to the side and made a gesture toward the bed with a small "Tadaa," as I showed him the pillows and blankets I had gathered.

The blond made a small sound of excitement before pulling off his jacket and tackling me onto the bed. I laughed, managing to escape his grasp and sit back up as I reached for the remote only to freeze a little as he made himself comfortable between my legs.

I stared down at him, cocking an eyebrow to which he feigned a look of innocence and offered me a smile that made my heart swell, "Are you comfy down there, buddy?" I asked to which he eagerly nodded.

"So I was thinking La La Land or A Star Is Born at first," I continued, handing the man a pack of jalapeño flavoured potato chips to which he practically squealed, the sound making my words trail off.

"They're my favourite," Seonghwa assured me, giving my thigh a squeeze as if urging me to continue. "But How To Train Your Dragon is really good as well and I really like the music and the characters-"

"We'll take that one then," he immediately said, and I felt happiness welling up inside me at the fact that he hadn't even hesitated as I put on the movie and leaned back a little, running my hands through his hair as I watched him eat the snacks I had brought him.

My boyfriend.

All mine.

"I know it's not fancy or expensive," I said after a while, both of us having fallen silent as I remembered the dress he had bought me, the dinner, the drinks-

Seonghwa chuckled, "Oh, but it sure feels like I got the best seat there is to offer," he said, placing his hand back on my thigh to which I giggled, "This is very luxurious," he added, running his thumb across my leg in lazy circles.

"You know," I mumbled, "You kind of look like Toothless," I said, watching the beautiful black dragon snarl at Hiccup only to immediately calm down at the possibility of food, much like the man between my legs.

"And you look a little like Meatlug," he mumbled almost absentmindedly. I furrowed my brows, not recognizing the name. The scene changed, "Excuse me, who-" I began only for my words to falter as I watched him point at the screen.

A fat, brown, and spiked dragon and with ridiculously small wings flapping desperately to keep the oversized body afloat fluttered past the screen, snapping a sheep off the ground before flying off again.

My jaw went slack, "Are you serious?" I whined, whacking him on the head which only made him laugh, grabbing my hand before I got the chance to hit him again.

"I think it's quite charming-" he added, but he was choking on a mouthful of chips before he could finish his sentence, courtesy of yours truly as I pouted a little, "Aw, princess," he said, "You know I think you're beautiful."

And I hated him for it, but I felt my cheeks flushing at the compliment as I let go of his hand and went back to trailing my hands through his hair as the thoughts and worries I had been fleeing from all day suddenly began to resurface.

We were days away from the end of the week, days away from the gala.

Empire only had one target. Someone would die by the end of the week, but it only had to be one.

The only problem, and my biggest worry, was the fact that Chan's personal vendetta didn't just cover me or Hongjoong. Seonghwa was just as much a part of his plan for revenge, and the fact that he would be walking right into his arms, surrounded by other criminals, armed to the teeth, terrified me.