004

More than a week had passed since the incident in the alleyway. More than a week of being by myself in school since Chan and the others 'were busy' and had left me behind saying it was for my own good. More than a week of sending mental threats and curses at Seonghwa after breaking his promise of staying by my side and then simply disappearing.

I had come to the conclusion that I was better off alone, anyway. I had come to the conclusion that I hated men.

I hummed a small tune to myself as I shuffled around my room, getting my bag ready for the following day before heading over to make my bed for the night, arranging pillows and blankets with a small smile on my lips before nodding in satisfaction once everything looked perfect and headed over to my closet.

I pulled an oversized t-shirt over my head, ready for bed only to freeze in surprise as the sound of knocking on my front door echoed through the otherwise silent apartment.

I furrowed my brows but headed over to open it nonetheless, my eyes widening as I found myself face-to-face with a roughed-up Seonghwa leaning against the frame of the doorway as he offered me a sheepish smile which made the angry bruise on his jaw stand out even stronger.

Without thinking twice, I reached out to touch it, my fingertips carefully grazing over the skin which made him wince, my annoyance and anger long forgotten as I breathed, "What happened?"

Seonghwa opened his mouth as if to answer when, suddenly, I pulled back, "Why are you here?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest, "What did you do?"

"I, uhm-" he began, clearing his throat awkwardly as his eyes drifted to the couch in the living room behind me, "The bandage needs to be changed," he mumbled, not meeting my eyes.

I felt disappointment well up inside me at that but stepped to the side nonetheless in order to let him in, gesturing for him to take a seat as I went to get the first-aid kit. I bit back a sigh before heading back out and finding my usual spot on the floor between his legs and reaching for his shirt.

Seonghwa simply sat there, completely still as I lifted up his shirt, dark eyes focused on my face, studying, admiring, as I carefully unwrapped the gauze and peeled off the bandage, sighing at the sight I was met with.

"You said the bandage needed to be changed?" I asked, looking up to find him already staring at me. I would usually be flustered by the sight of him like this; almost shirtless, so effortlessly handsome, all mine, but today, all I felt was disappointment and exhaustion, "It doesn't look like it," I sighed.

Seonghwa quickly tore his eyes off my face to look down at the wound as well, now mostly scarred over and healing as it should, biting his lip as he asked, "Are you sure?"

I pulled back slightly, "This seems like a very sad excuse for wanting to see me," I said, earning a guilty look in response as he slowly pulled down his shirt and straightened a bit. "I'm sorry, Nari," he mumbled.

"For what?" I scoffed, "You've been skipping class just like everyone else, leaving me all alone even though you swore you would be my friend," he shrank further into the couch with every word, "I feel so betrayed," I breathed.

"So much for a promise," I said after a moment of silence, getting off the floor before tossing Seonghwa the roll of fresh gauze I had gotten for him. I pulled down on my t-shirt in an attempt to make it cover more of my legs before heading for my room, not missing the way his eyes stayed on me for a moment too long to be considered casual.

I scoffed, rolling my eyes as I walked into my bedroom, "You can show yourself out," I said, raising my voice a bit so he could hear me clearly, "I'm going to bed-"