Chapter 7:Family Reunion

Zane Pov
We walk into my mom's office and see a man who looks quite similar to me sitting with her. He must be father, if he is, I'll teach him a lesson for hurting my mom. I just hate him. "Mom, why didn't you come pick us up from school?"My mother walked towards us and gave us a kiss on our foreheads." I'm sorry my babies, I was in a meeting and lost track of time. Please forgive me."She gave us her puppy dog eyes and we both hugged her. The man was staring at us as if he has just seen a ghost. Something was off about him." Won't you introduce us to your friend?" She looked over shoulder to the man sitting on the couch. Then she scoffs. She walks us over to him and we stand infront of him. "My babies, this is Lucian Carter. My new client... and your um... father." We both look up at our mom then back to the man. He had a sheepish smile on his face and immediately my anger and hatred skyrocketed. I turn to my mom, "Tell him to get out. NOW!" My mom, sister and dad all looked at me in shock. I too couldn't believe my own words but at this point I was too angry to care. "Lucian, I think it's best you leave now. We'll talk later on about your wedding arrangements." Then it hit me. This man wasn't here for us, he came to arrange for his wedding with someone else. "I don't ever want to see you again. Now leave us alone." He walked to the door and then glanced back at us. I scoffed and sat on the couch playing with my phone. I heard the door shutting and I looked up to my mother and sister who looked at me like I grew two more heads." What?"" Was that really necessary?"" Leave me alone Zara, don't you have anything better to do?"

Lucian Pov
I was driving back to the hotel I was staying in. I couldn't stop thinking about my son's words. Did he really hate me that much that the mere mention of me made him have a fit of rage? Damn I really messed up big time. My own kids didn't want to see me, talk more of their mother. I'm surprised she remained so calm throughout the entire situation. If it had been any other woman she would have probably ripped my head off by now. This just shows how much she has changed in the past 8 years, but she was still so beautiful. Sh*t my mind is messed up, I can't even think straight. I need to sort this out if I wanted to move on.

Zara Pov
After my brother's outburst my mom decided to take us out. Zane was still in a fowl mood but he was starting to calm down. "So we're we going mom?" "Calm down you'll know soon. It's a surprise."We arrive at the airport and see my aunt Viviane and uncle Nile walking towards us. We run to them and give them a hug." Oh my gosh A, look how big my babies have gotten!"Aunt Viviane squealed and gave us a number of kisses before setting us free. While I was happy to see them my brother was still moody." Zane would you please stop brooding and be happy for once."He glares at me and I glare back. Everyone starts laughing. We both ask in unison," What's so funny? " Everyone continues laughing. I seriously can't understand adults.

We were back at the house and everyone was very excited to see each other. My aunt Viviane was heavily pregnant with her second child. I was so excited about the new baby." So aunt Viv do you know the gender of the baby yet?" "No baby girl I want it to be a surprise.""Ok I just can't wait. When are you due for delivery? " Everyone started laughing. Ok this is seriously getting on my nerves." I'm due in two weeks. You know Zara you're just too cute." I scowl at her," I'm not cute. I'm beautiful."Again everyone starts laughing." Stop that it's not funny!" I stomp off and head to my room.