Chapter 2:My Mate

Lucian Pov
After Alexis left I continue drinking.
-How could you give our mate so much work!
Calm down Cole, she's used to this.
-She's our mate Lucian, you can't treat her like that. She's gonna find out soon, it almost her birthday.
Quiet down and leave me be. He growls at me and then settles down in the back of my mind. I call Jade back into my office so I can get my mind off her.

The next morning I find the no pack house fully decorated. I was actually surprised she could pull it off, she must have stayed up all night. I walk to the living room and find her sleeping soundly on the couch. She looked so beautiful and peaceful. I just wanted to claim her as mine right now, but I knew that I had to control myself, so l did the only thing I knew how to do. "Alexis! ALEXIS!" She quickly woke up and almost fell off the couch. I caught her in my arms and she looked up at me with confusion, then she pushed me away,  I felt a bit disappointed but then composed myself. "Go get ready the party will be starting soon." "No, today is my birthday, I will be spending it with Chloe." I hate it when she disobeys me, but I love how stubborn she is. It shows that she was born to be a leader. But unfortunately I can't accept her as my Luna. "Hello! Earth to Alpha!" She snaps her fingers in front of my face. "I don't take no for an answer, I don't care if it's your birthday or funeral, you're coming with me." She mumbles curses under her breath. "What was that ?" She glares at me. "Nothing."" Good, now go get dressed, the party is starting soon. " She stomps of to her room and I can't help but chuckle." Alpha."I turn around and see Charlie, Alexis' older brother and my beta. He gave me a confused look." WHAT! "He looks to the stairs and then back to me," Your father has called for you. Its something about you finding your mate.". Not this again." Ugh, fine let's go."

Alexis Pov
That useless son of a toad, who the hell does he think he is! I pace around in my room in order to calm down. After vexing for a while I take a shower and quickly get ready. I pull out a box from underneath my bed and open it. Inside was a red dress with a gold belt. It had lace at the bottom, around the middle it had sparkles.

This is the dress but with a gold belt and sparkles around the middle

It was a gift from my mom and dad before they died. They said that they wanted me to wear it on my 18th birthday. My eyes started welling up with tears.
-Pull yourself  together A. Its our birthday, do you think that they would want you to be sad today?
Huh, you're right Midnight I shouldn't be sad today, not today. I apply some foundation, concealer, light brown eyeshadow, blush and some nude lipstick. I curled my hair and put it half up and half down. As soon as I'm done I look at myself one more time and then head out. As I climb downstairs, I can feel my wolf pacing in my head. And then it hits me, the smell of the ocean and mint along with the smell of the forest after it has just rained. I've never smelled anything like this, I walk towards the source of the scent and find myself infront of Lucian.
-MATE
Then it hits me, he was my mate. Before I could even think he swoops me up and takes me to his room.

Lucian Pov
I couldn't stop myself, I had to claim her I took her to my room and started kissing her and then one thing led to another.By morning I immediately regretted what I did. She was still sleeping, and she looked so beautiful. After she wakes up I have to reject her.
-NO!SHE'S MINE.
Cole I have to, otherwise I will only hurt her.
-NO! I'LL KILL YOU IF YOU DO THAT!
Shut up Cole. Let me handle this. Suddenly I feel her move, I turn around and see that she has woken up. I take a deep breath and say the words. "I Alpha Lucian Carter reject you Alexis Grayson." She looked shocked and then all I saw was nothing but pain in her eyes.

Alexis Pov
I woke up feeling so happy, but my happiness was short lived when Lucian rejected me. I felt so lost and hurt. I felt like my whole world just shattered into a billion tiny pieces. Then I felt the tears run down my face. Why was I crying, I didn't  even like him, I've always hated him. I ran to the bathroom and locked myself in there. I cried for what felt like an hour, then told myself I wouldn't cry for him anymore, he didn't deserve my tears. I got out, got dressed and went to my room. Once there I took a shower, wore sweat pants ,a t-shirt  and started packing. Before I could leave I wanted to tell Chloe, so I went to her room. I knock on the door and she opens it. "I'm leaving. I came to say goodbye." I saw her tears in her eyes. "Please don't make this harder than..." Before I could finish she pulls me into a tight hug. "I'll miss you." She whispers. "I'll miss you too." I pull away then go back to my room.