Chapter 26: Sports Festival & Stain Hunting

3rd Pov:

The students of 1-A were all waiting in their waiting room and were in their P.E uniforms since it was fairer due to other students not having support gear like their full outfits. Tenya walks into the room and warns everyone that they are about to enter the arena and to get ready. Soon, they are all called out to the field. As everyone had made it to the stage and the other classes had arrived as well the chief referee for the festival Midnight asked for the student representative to appear on the stage. She also announced that this year it would be the highest academic student to represent the year since they decided to start a new tradition to build bonds between the courses. (Izuku also scored the highest on the exam so it was dropped to the second scored which was a kid in the business course. However, none of them needed to know that!) The student gave the speech and soon the first event kicked off. 

Izuku Pov:

As everyone was doing the sports festival, Izuku has spent the past few days in Hosu hunting stain. They have had a few clues on his location and have been following any signs that they have had. Izuku also ran into Tenya's brother earlier this day and warned him about their hunt for stain. They agreed to notify each other if they run into him so they could back each other up if they found him.

About halfway into the day Izuku received a location on his phone from Tenya's brother! 'shit! STAIN IS ATTACKING HIM!' Izuku thought as he yelled for Gran Torino to follow him and started to explain where they were going.

3rd Pov:

Back to the sports festival. Everyone was currently running through an obstacle race that was 4 kilometers around the entire stadium. It started with a narrow passageway where they started which Todoroki freezes to block others. However, A lot of the students from 1-A & 1-B got through regardless. Soon the students were facing the Zero pointers from the entrance exam. Some made comments about how much money UA had. Some went around the robots while some like Todoroki just froze the robots.

Soon they went past the robots and found themselves at a new obstacle. It was a canyon that people had to go across tightropes to get across. Some fail while others just went over it with support gear if they were from the support course like Mei Hatsume. As some failed to get across others were making their way to the last obstacle. It was a minefield which made a lot of people go very slowly. As people were clearing it, one student was working his way through it quickly. That student was one Hitoshi Shinso who took Izuku's analysis very seriously since UA had provided it. He learned some martial arts at a basic level over the 2 weeks of training. It wasn't anything good but it did help him on flexibility and agility a bit. This bit was enough to keep a decent pace with other students and help him work his way through the minefield when everyone had to slow down for it. As such, he was only a few people behind Todoroki and Bakugo. 

However, he wouldn't place first as both of those students finished the minefield and made their way to the stadium with Todoroki placing first. With that, the first event came to an end and they had their 42 members for the second round! They all learned the second round would be a cavalry battle. 

Staff Booth Pov:

The staff was watching the event go on. Nezu even noticed that a lot of them applied things from the notes that they were given which made him happy that they were dedicating their time correctly. He also noticed the improvement in Hitoshi Shinso. Even the staff noticed that he did well in the first event. However, some staff noticed Izuku Yagi missing from the events! "Nezu... where is Yagi?" asked Vlad King. Some of the staff was also wondering this. Even, Aizawa was taking a break from the announcer booth since they were in between rounds currently wanted to know. "He's out on a mission. We should hear back soon since he's been on it for a few days now." Nezu said but they all noticed it lacked the cheerful tone... they got worried about the mission. "What is the mission?" Aizawa asked a bit concerned. He's grown attached to the problem child since he saved the class and him at the U.S.J. "I really don't think you want to know," Nezu said without turning around. They really wanted to know now though. "He is hunting down Stain in Hosu right now with Gran Torino," Nezu said since the staff wasn't going to leave it alone. They went ballistic! They were concerned if he would come back alive but Nezu just told them to calm down and that Izuku is good at what he does. If anyone had a chance to stop Stain it would be Izuku since he's a mix of All Might and himself which they accepted barely...