~• Infected •~

Chuuya was doing a lot better. His health had improved again, he wasn't overworking himself like he was before, and he was keeping in touch with all of his subordinates.

Everything was going well, work-wise too, his most recent missions were successful, the enemies weren't able to lay a single finger on the Mafia thanks to his combat skills, and Mori was quite pleased with him.

Only...he hadn't seen Dazai in four and a half weeks.

And this really bothered Chuuya for some reason even though his record of not talking to the bandaged man was four years...

Well, he can't really complain, they are on opposite sides.

ADA.

Dazai was bored.

Everything was just so, uninteresting. He still acted like his usual suicidal self, but it didn't feel as fun as before. He didn't feel the same satisfaction that he felt when he gave his work to Atsushi to complete or when he annoyed Kunikida.

He didn't get the same thrill he used to feel when he successfully completed missions with Kunikida.

He didn't feel the same when he flirted with women and asked them to commit double suicide with him (he still asked though I mean you never know, maybe eventually one will say yes).

The brunet sighed, resting his chin on his palm.

"Dazai-san...is something bothering you?" The weretiger asked his senior. Dazai turned to face him, "I'm fine Atsushi-kun! I've never been better! In fact, I'm feeling so good that I'm willing to retry the whole poisoned mushroom suicide method again!~"

"...Nevermind," Atsushi deadpanned in a slightly irritated voice.

"Hmm? Is something bothering you?"

"It's just that you've been slightly distracted lately, I was wondering why."

"Ahhh have I? I'm just bored of all the reports we're being forced to write.."

"If you had finished them when I assigned them to you two weeks ago then you wouldn't be having this problem right now." Kunikida walked into the room.

"Give me a break Kunikiiiiida-kun, this is all so slow and boring that it's completely destroying my will to live.."

"You never had one to begin with!?"

"Oh right-"

The two men continued on with their usual bickering.

Atsushi sighed and smiled. He stood up, Atsushi was ready to check out for the day. "Have a good evening!" He wished everyone and walked towards the door.

He got the attendance log (idk what it's called ok) and wrote "7:15 pm" in the "check out" section beside his name. Atsushi flipped randomly through the pages, till his eyes landed on Dazai's section. Around 4 and a half weeks ago he had checked out really early.

There was a little note explaining why, it said; "I'm going to hang out with a slug! Prithee mind not mine own absence!~"

The white haired boy chuckled, but then he started thinking about whether Dazai was actually hanging out with a slug or if "slug" was a nickname or codename for another person. Sadly, the latter seemed more likely.

"I wonder who it could be..." Atsushi thought, when he suddenly had a flashback.

Flashback.

"Have you ever done this with someone else?"

"Done what?"

"Uhm well...going out camping with someone?"