~• He cares •~

Chuuya's POV.

I'd say this was a successful night out. I mean, when me and Dazai went our separate ways, I did not feel the urge to sneak up behind him and strangle him to death. Although I did feel the urge to stay with him for a little bit longer so who knows, maybe I've finally descended into madness.

I walked home, the weather outside was beautiful, for once it was nice and sunny. Too bad I'm a wanted mafia member, I had to walk through alleyways, can't risk someone recognizing me.

When I entered my house, all of my pending work finally hit me like a truck. I immediately noticed the messy piles of papers and documents scattered around my desk, "Ew." I then saw my laptop flickering aggressively, alerting me that it was out of battery, "Shit where's my charger?" And then I realized something that made me sink to my knees, "What the fuck am I supposed to say if boss asks me where I was last night!?"

Holy fuck I can't just say "Oh I was out with the fucking man who used to be your demon prodigy but then betrayed us all only to join our enemy organization!" Shit! I'm screwed.

3rd person POV.

While Chuuya was panicking, he decided it was only a waste of time and that he should rather be finishing up work. And so that's what he did.

For the next week or so, Chuuya worked non-stop. The 3 feet tall stacks of documents were now nothing more than 5-7 pages. His brand new pen that he bought 4 days ago was now down to its last drop of ink. He must've plugged and unplugged his laptop charger at least a thousand times. Each day he probably slept at 2:45 am and woke up at 5 am.

Exhaustion was killing him.

His phone was also buried somewhere in the couch, and it was on silent mode. Chuuya had been neglecting the outside world so much, he didn't realize that he had started to concern the people around him. More specifically, Akutagawa.

With the ADA.

"Dazai, quit singing that stupid suicide song of yours and get your work done, we have a meeting in five minutes." Kunikida demanded, typing a report on his computer.

"No can do Kunikiiiiiiiiiida-kun~ it's too much effort to remove my headphones, place them down, walk over to my computer, and type a bunch of letterssss..." The lazy brunet replied from the couch.

"Your computer is not even 2 feet away! Now get off your ass and st-" RIIIIIIIIIING.

Dazai's buzzing phone interrupted the blond's lecture. He reached for his phone and stared at the screen. "Unknown number."

Beep.

"Hello?~ Is death calling me to tell me that it's ready to take me?~"

"Dazai-san..." The man on the phone answered.

"Hehhh? Akutagawa-kun? Sorry, I'm in the middle of writing a very important report, I'll battle you some other time, see ya!~" Dazai chirped, earning a scowl from Kunikida.

"N-no that's not why I called...have you seen Chuuya-san..?"

Dazai sat up, "Chibi? No, I haven't, why?"

"Me and Kouyou-san have been trying to reach him but he's not answering the phone, I was wondering if you were in contact with him, I guess not..."

"Did you look properly? Maybe he's just too small for you to notice~"

Akutagawa sighed on the other line, Dazai heard a soft "thank you for your time" before the call hung up.

"Chuuya is out of reach huh.." Dazai whispered, concern lacing his voice. Atsushi, who was sitting nearby, managed to hear him. He looked up from the file he was scanning. "Dazai-san..is everything alright? You look puzzled," the teen asked.