Chapter 11. 1, 2, 3 pt 1

So I'm doing patterns with my chapter titles

Let's see if ya'll can figure it out (;

Rant at the end of chapter

read-the-botto-of-the-hapter

not edited.

Carter's POV***It's been a week since the attack and marking between Dalton and I. My back was healed, I wasn't having any horrible dreams, mood swings or strange seeing things. It was both a relief and fearful thing. Yes they were gone, but why were they there in the first place? Would they come back? It made me paranoid.

I've spent the week avoiding the bathroom and the mirrors around the house. When I pass by one, I either scurry as fast as possible or I walk by painstakingly slowly, as if to make sure nothing would pop out. 

As for Dalton and I, I'd keep my distance, but he was a professional at making sure we never crossed paths. It's frustrating. He hasn't even brought any of it up, acting like he didn't even do anything! Did that mean he wanted sowing with me? To be actual mates? If not, I was only more confused yet if he was going to waltz around and act like he did nothing, then so be it because two can play at this game.

It's still strange though. The mark makes me want to be closer with him on an emotional level. My wolf yearns for his presence, and sometimes so do I when I'm feeling lonely without the comfort of my own pack.

 As a distraction, I trained with Kaz, hung out with Gavin, and did anything I could to keep me occupied. I'd been bugging Dalton all week to give me my phone, for I felt like I was losing my mind to boredom. I'd give it a go today. Perhaps bug him in his office for an hour or two, throw a tantrum . . . whatever happens happens.

I dodged another branch, running next to Kaz and some other trainees that were around our age. We ran in our wolves since it was the end of the day, and our goal was to be able to keep up with Kaz. She was fast, but so I was I and I enjoyed a challenge.

The three other wolves around us were two males and one female. Looking at her sleek black wolf I eyed her as we came to a stop at one of our border markers. Her eyes suddenly peirced through me, grey anger directed with them as well. 

I stared at her wolfen face, standing up straighter, showing I wasn't scared of her. She did the same. Was she perhaps that girl I ran into in the hallway? And she wouldn't let me help her gather her things. She seemed older; maybe even a year or two older than me. Perhaps she was just watching over us? I kept an eye on her, feeling as though she was worth questioning. I gave off a light growl, flicking an ear towards her. 

She lightly growled, turning around and running off in the opposite direction. 

"Trainees, gather around!" Someone called. I sat down on all fours, staring at Kaz as she stood there in her human form wearing a long dress due to just shifting back into a human.

"We have a perimeter breach on the southern part of our borders. Stay together and run back to the pack house where you can disperse if you must as long as you're not alone. I've informed the Alpha and it's nothing we can't take care of." She said, her eyes quickly staring at each and every one of us.

A breach? My fur stood on end as I realized this could be the wolf who attacked me last week. The other trainees pounced off their haunches, but I stood still, standing up and staring at Kaz.

"I suppose you can stay with me. Afterall, this could concern you," She said. I nodded, padding forward after her. She was short, and it wasn't hard to keep up with her since she was walking through the forest in her human form. I was a little taller than her as we continued to weave through the forest.