Chapter 12. Rescue Me

not edited

Groggy. Pain. Darkness. Confusion. 

All of which surrounded me. 

I blinked hard, opening my eyes but it was dark. Perhaps something was on my head? I breathed in, feeling a lack of oxygen. There must've been a bag over my head, covering my face as well. Still sleep ridden, my eyes closed with exhaustion.

-

"Get her to .  . ."

Was that a voice?

"He'll c-..."

"..Sometimes you have to break rules in order to get things done."

More voices. My eyes lazily opened, only welcomed by darkness. More aware and alert, I lightly shifted my hands, but lightly inhaled when I realized they were being held outwards like a birds outstretched wings, and my legs were strapped down as well, almost like I was making a snow angel. I arched my back, realizing I was laying down on maybe a table.

"She's waking up."

"Finally. Thanks to someone she might..."

I groaned, an awkward aching beginning to work its way through my arms, neck and back.

Suddenly, the dark dissapeared and all I saw was a bright light, strands of my dark hair flopping onto my face. Annoyed, I lightly shifted my head to the side. With a groan, I tried to open my eyes. The light, blinding and harsh, caused me to squeeze my eyes shut tight, before readjusting. I opened my eyes again, determined to be able to see where I was. 

 Fear began to course through me as I realized I had no idea where I was. The room was large, metallic and shiny. Looking up, I realized the roof was at least 50 feet above, stairs and metal pipes cascading around the room.  I moved my hands. Tied. I moved my feet. Tied. 

"Good morning Sunshine," A voice said. It seemed to echo around the room. I looked around, confused as to who was speaking to me. I growled.

"Who the hell are you?" I said with a raspy voice. I swallowed a dry lump in my throat. It got me thinking. I needed water, longed for it. How long have I been here?

"I think I'll be asking the questions," the voice said. It must have been a man's. Of course, I growled in annoyance. 

"I like games Carter Blake. I have a funny feeling you do too."

"I hate games," I spat on purpose, though I suppose that in a sense, I was a fan of games. Yet that isn't my focus. Who was this person, and why did they want me? I lightly sniffed the air, hoping to get off a scent. Perhaps this was the person who attacked me in the woods?

"That won't work. I've used a scent marker - but you know all about those don't you?" The condescending deep voice continued. I squeezed my eyes, hoping this was all a dream. It had to be. I was a normal...well, semi normal if you discount the whole "teenage werewolf" part. I don't understand what I did to have this happen to me.

I wasn't all that bad of a person if you also discount the harmless little pranks and games against Taylor Quinne and her fan club.

"What do you want with me?" I asked aloud, my eyes scanning the metallic room. Where was this person hiding? What kind of a person was this? Was he a werewolf like I was? Human? Something else?

"You'll find out soon enough Carter Blake," He said, a light eerie chuckle echoing through out the lonely warehouse. I lightly growled in my throat. I wanted answers and yet I wasn't getting any.

"I want to go home!" I shouted, my anger and irritation growing. No reply. I leaned my head against the back of the chair I was tied to. I began to thrash around wildly, my wolf and I feeling the urge to be freed. It was like an itch that needed to be scratched; and with each second the itch got worse and worse. I had to get out of here.

"You're going to want to stop thrashing around like a fish out of water," The voice called.

"Eat my shit!" I shouted.

Suddenly a strange vibration palpatated throughout my body, causing me to lean my head back, eyes wide open and mouth ajar as electric volts seemed to pierce through my skin. It felt like electric fire was streaming through my blood, rushing around inside me to the point where I believed I was going to die if it didn't stop.

Dalton's POV***

I slammed another mapping book onto my desk and growled. It's been three hours since Carter's disappearance and all my nerves were on edge. I'd sent Gavin and more of my pack members searching near the area. I've made call after call but yet I still debated calling her old pack.

Her grandmother would be furious if I had called her. I was supposed to be watching over Carter!

[You know who could've done this. We both know.] My wolf suddenly said as I took a deep breath.

Wearily, I began to pace around my office, feeling like I should be doing something.

Then someone knocked on the door.

"Come in." I replied. Kaz soon appeared, her blonde hair in a loose braid on her back. I awaited her to speak but she seemed hesitant, which annoyed me.

"Speak up dammit!" I growled

"Gavin thinks he has a lead on who took Carter, but then again you do too." Her condescending grey eyes glowered at me.

I stared at her with harshness. "They'd never return-"

"You don't believe that." She growled.

I turned my back to her. "They can't come back. They made it clear they wouldn't," I replied.

"With all due respect Alpha, who are you trying to convince?"

I growled, thinking to myself.

"Find Gavin."

"Alpha?"

"We're going to go get her."

I was not going to let these people hurt Carter.

I'm so sorry this is soo short I have writers block so badly D:

I'm really sorry!!

VOTE COMMENT I LOVE YOU ALL