Chapter 15. Tick Tock Goes the Clock

not edited

(hope you guys have been enjoying the fast updates because idk if they'll continue!)

Carter's POV***

Something was going on. I was sure of it. Every time Gary and his brothers came to check on me, their demeanor was different. No longer did they strike me meaninglessly nor did they give me much the time of day. Their matching brown eyes were alert and constantly shifting around the room.

"You, dick head," I rasped, my voice dry. Huey turned to stare at me with wide eyes that twitched with annoyance. His brother Jack snorted, tightening a type of gun to his chest.

"What's going on?" I asked, taking a tired breath to speak.

"Nothing," his young eyes traveled to the ground and he refused to look up at me anymore. He quickly turned his back to me. Anxious, my gaze shifted between the three brothers. What were they hiding?

Jack looked incredibly frustrated as he played with his gun, moving it around to a different position every so often. Gary's darkened eyes never stayed in one spot for more than 3 seconds. He held a knife in both of his caloused hands, sliding his thumb pad down the short silver blade. Huey's eyes stayed on the ground and his shoulders shook with each breath he took. He had a small hand gun, but not much else.

The brother's were antsy, that much I knew. Before I could pester them with another question, a loud sound of metal banging together grasped our attention. In sync, we all stared up at the metallic ceiling.

A thought struck me, along with a pang of hope. Maybe Dalton was coming to get me. I tried not to fool myself too much, but if I didn't have hope then I'm already a lost cause. The trick is just not to have too much of it.

Excited and motivated, I squirmed lightly in my chair, but exhaustion and weakness began to overwhelm those previous emotions; like a tidal wive crashing down on a city.

Kaz's POV***

With another strained pull, I hauled my petite body over the edge of the 70 foot tall warehouse. I took a breath, crouching over the railing and giving my tired arms and legs a break.

I landed on the pavement, happy my feet were finally touching solid ground instead of forcing my toes to stand upon walling that had about 0.0002 sized lumps and crevices that I had to jam my feet to stick into if I wanted to climb this building.

I glared down the side of the building, seeing Dalton and Gavin enter the building, their bodies the size of ants now. Nodding to myself I quickly turned around and headed for the boxy looking door that led into the building. Racing over, the wind licked across my face, revealing the cold.

Coming to a stop, I slowly reached for the handle and sniffed. It smelt like a mixture of clorox, bleach and some other strange chemical. Someone was on the other side.

I took a steady breath to quiet myself down. No doubt with the chemicals and transfusions, this person already heard me. My left hand gripped the sheathe of my hunters knife, the feeling like coming home after staying the night at a stranger's house.

I brought my foot up, performing a roundhouse kick at the rusty green door, resulting it in slamming open and a man belligerently screaming as he tried to attack me. I side stepped as he pulled out a hand gun in a swift movement, shooting but missing by a ton. I grabbed his outstretched arm, pulling him across me before I hopped up onto his shoulders and wrung his neck with my small hands. He struggled, desperately trying to get me off. I plunged my knife into his jugular, causing him to pause and violently bleed out. He dropped to the ground like a sack of potatoes not a second after. Satin red blood pooled around his neck while his eyes lay open in terror.

Luna versus AlphaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara