Chapter 10

A/N: okay I feel like this is a short chapter, so I'm sorry if it is. I'm going to start writing chapter 11 tomorrow xx

Emily's Pov:

I felt as if someone had ripped out my heart, y/n had been injured while we were undercover and I didn't protect her as I promised myself I would. The whole time I was driving to the hospital I was crying my eyes out, y/n was the only woman I truly loved and now I didn't even know if I was going to be able to see her again. The unsub had stabbed her pretty deep in her abdomen and he shot her in the shoulder.

That should have been me, she shouldn't be the one being rushed to the hospital.

She looked so fragile from all the blood she was losing, hopefully, she's okay cause I don't know what I would do without her.

Once I made it to the hospital I went straight in and asked for y/n. The lady at the counter told me that I had to wait meanwhile y/n was in surgery. The whole time I was practically sobbing into my hands, I couldn't control my emotions at the moment. As I was trying to call myself down I heard heels tapping on the ground, they sounded really fast and it sounded like they were coming towards me. I looked and I saw JJ the next thing I know she slaps me hard. Before she could do anything else Morgan and Reid pulled her away, I can see the anger in her face. I knew she wanted to hurt me because she held her hands in a tight fist and was trying very hard to get out of Morgan and Spencer's grip.

JJ: THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT, YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO PROTECT HER!

Emily: I didn't see him get near us, the only thing I saw was y/n bleeding, and then she pushed me to the ground and the unsub shot her.

JJ: SHE RISKED HER LIFE FOR YOU, YOU BETTER HOPE SHE'S ALRIGHT CAUSE I PROMISE YOU I WILL KILL YOU IF SHE'S NOT!

Hotch: JJ calm down, yelling at Emily won't change anything and it's not her fault, she was caught off guard.

Hotch left the waiting room to ask a nurse or doctor if they had any news about y/n. JJ started to cry as she sunk down onto the ground into her knees. I wanted to comfort her but I knew that wasn't the best thing to do. Hotch came back into the waiting room and said that the doctor will let us know how the surgery went in 2 hours. You felt like two hours was going to feel like forever all you wanted to do was see y/n.

2 hours later

The doctor came to the entrance of the waiting room and said " Anyone here for Ms. y/l/n? "

Emily: Yes, we are.

Doctor: We'll the good thing is y/n did well during the surgery, we stitched up the stab wound and the shot wound, I'm not going to lie to all of you, if the knife would have gone in deeper, y/n would have bled out in a matter of minutes, she's very lucky to have survived.

Emily: Thank you for letting us know, can we see her?

I really need to see her. It's killing me that I'm not with her right now.

Doctor: Yes you can, she's in room 163.

The doctor left and I grabbed my purse and went straight to y/n's room. I opened the door quietly because I knew she'd be asleep. As I walked in I started to cry again because she looked so fragile and pale. I sat down next to the bed she was in and held her hand.

Emily: y/n I'm so sorry I let this happen to you, it's all my fault. I promise I'll do anything to make it up to you.

Before I could say anything else the team walked in, they all told me that it was going to be okay and that y/n was a strong person, well except for JJ she was still pretty pissed off at me. I didn't know why she was acting like this towards me, I'm just going to assume her and y/n we're like sisters to each other. JJ started crying at the sight of y/n's pale and fragile body. Reid comforted her and she had calmed down after 4 minutes later, she took a seat on the other side of y/n's bed. She held y/n's hand and rubbed her thumb gently on y/n's hand, she just stared at y/n not caring that the whole team was there. Rossi had cried a bit too because he always thought of y/n as a daughter that he never got to really have. Hotch had the rest of the team go back into the waiting room until y/n woke up, he let me stay with her because he could tell that I felt guilty and just wanted to be with y/n. JJ had hesitated before getting up to leave, it seemed like she didn't want to be away from y/n.

You rested your head on the edge of y/n's bed because you were a bit tired and you didn't know when y/n's was going to wake up. You felt awful for what happened to y/n You didn't think she'd be the only one getting hurt but she had pushed you to the ground before the bullet even came out of the gun. Why would she risk getting shot for me? Before you knew it you had fallen asleep, everything that had happened that day must have warned you out but you didn't care. The only thing that mattered to you was y/n.