Georgia and the Big Six

I'd like to thank GamerAce for the help and the idea of this chapter!

================

Cali and Texas had been arguing in the meeting room once more, until DC shot up,chair skidding back, his hands slamming down onto the table with a loud bang, the force of the movement causing the chair to topple. DC glared at the trouble states, his shoulders shaking with his labored breath as he merely uttered a strained "Get. Out." The the longer they sat the more anger they could see begin to unravel.

"Out as in- the room?" Florida asked, albeit hesitantly, as he slowly stood from his chair. As if any sudden movement could set the fed off. 

"Out of the house- Just get out!" DC roared, his fist clenched tightly around his pencil, his knuckles burning white as the pencil snapped in half. And with DC's demand the states scrambled for the doors and a panicked mass.

===================

As they stood outside, they began to argue about who pissed DC off the most. DC merely poked his head out, and shoved Geo outside, whom he had clearly just pulled out of bed, to watch over them, causing the group to go quiet for a moment.

"Why me?" Geo demanded sleepily, rubbing his eyes. 

And DC goes, "Because you're least likely to cause shit."

"But I was asleep?-" he trails off turning to the door as it slammed shut. "Hmph." He pulled his blanket tighter around him, plopping down onto the porch bench.

The states quickly pull the other up, with a "Nope! This is a no nap zone!" Florida declared.
"What do we do now?" Loui wondered, staring down sadly at his empty Daiquiri cup. 

"We could go shopping?" California suggested, albeit hesitantly. Nodding along in agreement, the six, plus Georgia, being practically dragged by Loui and Florida, made their way to the nearest shopping center. 

===================

Texas noticed it first. They were halfway through their shopping trip when Georgia completely froze. In a span of a few seconds, Texas dropped the bags he was carrying, and rushed to Catch the state as his eyes slipped closed, thankfully catching him before he hit the ground. Wincing, Texas lowered them to the ground, his eyes narrowing as Georgia merely wrapped his arms around him in a harsh grip.

Cursing under his breath, he was thankful when Alaska realized they weren't following along anymore, and brought it to the others attention. They rushed back, examining the two states worriedly for a moment, breathing a sigh of relief as neither of the two showed any injuries. 

"Someone looks cozy," Florida teased, grinning cheekily as Texas threw a steely eyed glare.

Cali checked his watch, frowning, "We've got to go, dude. Pick him up." 

"The stars at night are big and bright!" Tex hisses, his eyes full of defiance. "Only when those stars are gone will I pick this man child up." He growls. California opens his mouth to retort but clamps his mouth shut as Tex prepares for another nonsensical argument. "Remember the Alamo!" He huffs, "not. Doing it." He crosses his arms with a huff, though glances over quickly to make sure he hadn't woken the sleeping state up.

Loui shrugs, handing Florida his Daiquiri cup, "I can pick him up."

He reaches down to pick up the sleepy state, and flinches back as Texas slaps his hands away. "Do you WANT to wake him up?" Texas whisper growls, eyes narrowed. The states sigh at the lone stars dramatic cry, and merely plop down next to them.

A man walks by, pausing by the odd group, recognizing them almost immediately. He opens his mouth, though pauses when he noticed Georgia and Texas, "What kind of state falls asleep in the middle of the mall?" He demanded.

Texas's eyes narrow, about to reply, until Florida interrupted, "He must be cozy, though." 

"He has a blanket." The man pointed out once more.

"The blanket is pretty soft, I'd carry it around too if he'd let me borrow it." Florida replied, eyes lighting up mischievously. 

Loui opened his mouth, before Alaska interrupted, "You're not stealing his blanket." He stated firmly, eyeing Florida. Florida harrumphed, crossing his arms. 

"He looks like he just got out of bed." The man scoffed, interrupting Alaska as the young state opened his mouth to fire back. 

 Florida waved his hand dismissively, "He always looks like that."

"Ri-" Loui started.

"Maybe that's why they lost against Florida." The man grinned, knowing he struck a nerve as Florida's eyes narrowed dangerously. "Why do you guys even keep him around? He's just a burden." 

They heard a soft whimper and turned to find Georgia wide awake now, and Cali saw red. He stood up, Alaska following quickly after to hold him back, Texas remaining held down by Georgia's weight, and Loui holding back the Sunshine state. 

New York cracked his knuckles as he'd been left unattended, and stood, slamming his fist into the mans shocked face, grinning in satisfaction at the crack. "Hit em' again!" Texas encouraged, his fists clenching. 

"You, you hit me?" The man stuttered, holding his bleeding nose.

"And he'll do it again." Florida growled, Loui holding him back still, fearful that the man would say something else to piss him off.

"No one makes fun of us states cept' us states," Ney York growled, 

"Tell him, York." Texas growled, keeping the sleepy state stationary, fearing if he relaxed his grip Georgia would turn tale and bolt. 

Ri finally shook off Loui, and stomped up towards the stranger, "We see you near any of our states again, you'll wish York had only broken your nose."

The man eyed each state fearfully, before bolting, leaving all of his purchased items behind. Letting Cali go, Alaska dusted himself off, eyeing all the bystanders, "Scram." He growled. They were quick to follow the states orders, as the traffic dispersed. 

"Geo," Cali called softly, sitting down in front of the state as he shrunk in on himself. 

"Can we go?" He asked hopefully.

"We can go, just don't run off," Texas pleaded. Feeling Geo's nod, he released the other state, allowing him to stand.

Geo tentatively walked towards York, aware of the states watching him carefully for any sign he may run. "I'm fine." York shrugged his worry off, and once Geo examined his hand, determining for himself that the state was okay, he nodded.

Texas grabbed the dropped shopping bags, and Alaska picked up the strangers, "Think DC would let us burn it?" He questioned, Florida's eyes lighting up at the prospect. 

Loui grinned, shrugging, "Worth a shot." 

"I can light it!" Cali stated enthusiastically, flicking his fingers, showing off a small flame.

"You need help." Texas stated, knowing the only reason behind it was the other state was still on fire.

Georgia grinned at his friends banter, tightening the blanket around his shoulders, following Florida with Texas right behind him. He knew they all had an odd relationship, though when it came down to it, they protected one another. 

He couldn't wait to tell DC.