Wyoming

"Is that a new shirt?" Florida eyed his hoodie.

Wyoming grinned. This was the moment he'd been waiting for. "It is." 

Florida nodded, and walked by, causing Wyoming to frown. At least he had asked politely about the shirt, instead of pretending like he hadn't existed, as most of the states do. Walking down the seemingly empty halls, Wyoming passed by DC's room. Pausing, he knocked lightly on the door, allowing the other state time to invite him in before opening it. DC always let him inside, as he tended to be less problematic than the others. 

"New shirt?" DC questioned, raising his eyebrows.

Wyoming scoffed, "I wonder why." He started at his old hoodie, eyes narrowed. Dc merely grinned innocently, turning back to his computer. 

"Not my fault your shirts are comfy, bro." DC fired back, grinning softly.

Wyoming rolled his eyes, strolling over to DC's bed, letting himself flop over it. A knock sounded on the door, two quiet, light, taps, and with a fond shared glance, DC invited the other state inside, Utah hesitantly stepping into the room, "DC," He nodded politely, "Wy." 

Wyoming nodded back, making room for the polite state. They all waited patiently for the second polite knock, though it never came. After about an hour, they paused, listening to the knock on the door. DC rolled his eyes, muttering, about time he got tired of the others, and invited the third state inside.

They startled as Cali walked in with a hesitant Alaska. "Texas wouldn't leave him alone." Cali explained, shrugging at DCs curious look. DC gave Alaska a sympathetic glance and turned back to the screen.

Alaska sat quietly as he listened to the states quiet chatter, reveling in the calm atmosphere of the room. Staring at his hands, he let the calmness wash over him, forgetting his anxiety for a while. Another quiet knock on the door, and Utah immediately got up to DC's mini fridge, pulling out a cold fresh bottle of water as DC allowed them to enter. 

Alaska watched intently as Washington entered the room, pausing at the door as he hacked, breathing in a sigh of relief as it calmed. Utah silently handed the cold bottle over towards the other state, Washington smiling gratefully, as he leant against Wyoming, eyes fluttering closed tiredly. 

Wyoming gently rubbed the states back as the chatter died down to quiet whispers, Alaska keeping his eyes on the evergreen states worriedly, his breaths shallow and rough. "What's wrong with Washington?" Alaska questioned quietly. 

The others pause in their conversation, and Cali smile sadly, "He got hit hard, being the first of us infected." 

Alaska nodded, then eyed the shirt Wyoming wore. "Why?" He waved.

Wyoming grinned, getting ready to explain, until Cali interrupted, "He only has two escalators in his entire state." Wy opened his mouth, gaping at Cali, then pouted. Cali grinned, continuing, "Best part? They're in banks.

"Cali! I waited All day for this moment!" Wyoming protested. 

"Why do you need them in fu-" He eyed Utah's stern look, "-reaking banks?" 

Cali blinked, before turning curiously to Wyoming as well, "It's easier to build outward than upward in Wyoming." He replied, gently switching washington to lay his head on his lap, his arm was getting tired, "We had a third one in an airport, but they removed it in 2004." 

The states blinked, DC even pausing in his work, "Makes sense." He admitted, shrugging. The others nod, as the quiet conversation continues, the silent snores from Washington filling the room.