Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

"Megatron, this is Steve, my other trine mate." Starscream said, making sure he stayed between the two as they watched each other. Megatron's lip curled up in a silent snarl when Steve hugged Starscream's arm out of fear.

"H-hello...my L-lord!" Steve stammered, cowering behind Starscream for protection in case the much larger mech decided to attack. It seemed likely he might, his optics narrowed and holding a possessive glimmer whenever Steve got close to Starscream.

"Be nice." Starscream snapped, flicking Megatron between his optics. The mech yelped and retreated, a clawed servo on his face.

"I haven't killed him yet, have I?!" Megatron snapped, storming off to his desk before he curled up in the chair there and ignored the other two.

"Did I do something wrong?" Steve asked Starscream, seeing the other mech had his servos balled into fists. The Seeker shook his helm and motioned for Steve to go take his place on the berth. He would get Megatron to behave with time.

"Go get some rest, we will join you soon." Starscream murmured, kissing Steve before the Vehicon trotted over to the massive berth and cuddled into the blanket.

"What has gotten into you?! You can't act like that towards him!"

"I do not like to share what is mine." Megatron growled, spiked shoulders tense. Starscream puffed up his chest at that, optics wide. The nerve of that mech!

"I am not yours!"

"Then you belong to him?" Megatron shot back, just as ornery, combative, and loud as the Seeker. Steve shifted nervously, knowing he was somehow the cause of this arguing.

"I belong to no one! Don't be a fool!"

"Go to recharge, Starscrem." Megatron snapped, claws gouging deep marks into the desk. Starscream quivered with rage at being ordered to do something, but calmed. He had to show Megatron he was welcome, that he had a place even if he had been missing for a good month.

"Will you be joining me?"

"No. Go cuddle with your Vehicon." Megatron sneered, standing and heading over to the farthest chair in the room with a data pad. He just wanted to be left alone.

"He has a name, you know!"

"Starscream, shut up." Megatron sighed, already delving into the scientific novel some human had written. It wasn't half bad, some of the concepts intriguing.

Starscream stormed back to the berth and slipped under the blanket, engines humming softly as he and Steve settled down for the night. There was more soft purring and a suddenly tiny squeak when Starscream nipped at Steve's neck cabling in a silent command to move over. The Vehicon gave him more room before settling down again.

The whole time Megatron attempted to block out the affectionate growls and purrs, the two mechs obviously in love. Knowing that was something he could never have, Megatron hissed, breaking the data pad right in half with a shower of sparks and glass. Starscream sat upright, seeing his other partner staring furiously down at the broken item in his claws.

Starscream could feel the hurt and rejection rolling off the silver mech's form and sighed. Making sure he didn't disturb Steve from his peaceful recharge, Starscream got up and padded over to Megatron. The warlord backed up, showing sharp dentas in silent warning to stay away. His red optics, on the other servo, showed no aggression whatsoever.

"Will you just stop for a klick and rest?" Starscream murmured, motioning for Megatron to join he and Steve on the berth.

"I am not resting with a common Vehicon runt!" Megatron said indignantly, looking away. "I will find somewhere else to recharge."