Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

Megatron's red optics glimmered in the cover of darkness for a sparkbeat before he drove his claws into Airachnid's back, the femme passing by without so much as suspecting the area was a great place for ambush. The former gladiator grinned widely when he felt her struggle and blue energon started to run down his arm.

"We have a score to settle, Airachnid." Megatron whispered before he drove his other servo into her before ripping the femme apart.

Megatron let loose a terrible roar as he tore out her vocalizer, her energon chamber, her internal wiring...everything that had hurt his mate was now in ruin at his pedes. Feeling he had done his job, Megatron finally ripped her helm from her neck and grinned maliciously down at the unseeing optics.

"Now Unicron will have a new pet to keep him occupied." he chuckled darkly before returning to Starscream.

***

"I brought you something." Megatron purred as he entered his berthroom. Starscream was sitting at his desk, playing with a stack of data pads.

"Airachnid!" Starscream yelped as Megatron revealed the severed head to him, the piece of the carcass still dripping energon.

"Do you like her new look? I find it fitting." Megatron said with a small smirk, calling in Knockout to dispose of it. The red medic gagged and tried not to get the energon on his newly polished plating. That just wouldn't do.

"I am glad the wretch is dead. But it did not bring Steve back." Starscream sighed, Megatron now seeing all the data pads were either poems written by the Vehicon, pictures, or novels he had liked to read.

"Would you like me to get you some high grade? Or would you like to come with me?" Megatron offered gruffly, tugging at Starscream's servo. "Coming with me sounds like a good plan."

"I would prefer to stay here." Starscream sighed, tears in his optics. Megatron huffed, unsure as to the way he should deal with his grieving Second and mate. He was not accustomed to these new feelings.

"I will return with it, then." he said, heading out to grab whatever he could so he wouldn't have to leave Starscream for long on his own.

Starscream didn't look up the next time Megatron entered, lost in his own thoughts. He was pulled out of his own personal darkness when he felt a gentle nuzzle on his cheek and heard Megatron's "impatient" huff, the mech offering him something to refuel with. Starscream took it and gave him a small smile.

"I know it hurts." Megatron said, turning to gaze out of the window while the Seeker watched him.

"How would you know? You have never lost anyone before!"

"I lost you for what I thought was forever." Megatron admitted, shoulders sinking a little at the past mistakes he had made. "But somehow I was given a second chance to make things right."

Starscream saw the hurt in Megatron's optics and pulled him into a hug, the two standing close for a few klicks until they broke away, still watching one another. They finished their energon, Megatron starting to pace the length of the room in thought.

"How about we go flying together?" he offered, catching the Seeker's handsome wings flick excitedly.

"Flying would be pleasant." Starscream agreed, a grin spreading across his lips. "But we all know who is the superior flier."

"Oh? And who might that be?" Megatron purred deeply, playing along as he circled Starscream. The slim mech shivered at the closeness, leaning back into Megatron's arms for a moment.