Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven 

Starscream woke with a loud whine, his side aching and his head heavy. It was a painful kind of heavy after being drugged. Steve hugged him the moment he saw Starscream’s optic shutters open, the Seeker flicking one wing with slight aggravation. The hug pulled at the new welding on his side. 

“How do you feel, Starscream?” 

“Terrible! Now get off me!” 

“Yes, sir!” Steve yipped, scrambling off and heading to get the warmed energon he had prepared for his partner. 

“Stop with all that “sir” nonsense! My name is Starscream!”

“Yes, Starscream, sir!” Steve said, binging the warmed energon and offering it to a surly gray Seeker. “You need to drink this.” 

“One of Knockout’s lovely concoctions?” 

“He said it was medicine.” 

“Yes, he would say that.” Starscream sniffed, pushing the offering away. “I don’t want it.”

“But you have to take it! It will help you recover faster!”

“Steve, I don’t want it!” 

Starscream hissed and clawed at the Vehicon as Steve braved getting some new cuts to force his partner to swallow the medicine. Eventually Starscream gave up fighting it and snatched the small square cube from Steve’s servo. 

“Fine! If it kills me, this is all your fault!” 

Starscream swallowed the whole thing without any trouble, but since he had to continue complaining, he went off about how terrible the aftertaste was. Steve sat at his side and offered him normal energon to try and fix it. Starscream glowered and refused the offering. 

“How do you feel now, Starscream? Did it help?” Steve wondered, seeing how the Seeker looked tired all over again. 

“I’m fine...” he murmured, face pressing into one of the pillows. He knew Knockout must have added a sedative to the mixture and silently cursed the scarlet sports car. “Just a little...tired...”

“Don’t worry, Starscream. You should get all the rest you need.” Steve said cheerfully, tucking the huge blanket around Starscream so he was comfortable as he drifted into recharge. 

“I love you.” Starscream sighed, a smile on his lips. It was nice to see he could still smile, the sneer he normally wore gone and revealing how much younger he could look. 

“I love you, too, Starscream.” Steve soothed, the last thing Starscream heard before he fell deeply into recharge. 

***

Starscream knew something was different when he fell into recharge. He felt as though he was being pulled by some unseen force deeper into himself and through the boundaries of time, life, and death. Red optics wide, the Seeker flattened his wings back out of nervous habit when he found he was standing in some dimly lit room. 

‘What is this place?’ he thought, turning a full circle to take in everything. 

The room was huge, lavishly furnished, and held the faint scent of acid? Strange...Starscream started moving back to one of the far walls when he saw something so familiar he almost forgot to breathe. It was Megatron laying curled up at the side of the massive berth. 

“Megatron?” he asked softly, optics huge as he started towards the mech he had come to miss so much.

“You came...” Megatron whispered, helm raised as he scrambled from his bed. He was yanked back by the chain that held him by his neck to the floor, choking a bit before he strained the length again to get closer to Starscream.