Chapter 59

"Guys, I've got some bad news." Drew strolled through the front door of my house. The whole gang was just chilling out in the living room chatting away, but at the sound of bad news we all grew quiet.

"What's going on?" Owen asked.

"I just got back from talking to the ticket sales rep, and he said since the season is almost over, all the seats are sold out for next week."

"What?" I asked, geniunely upset. I was really looking forward to going to the show next week.

"Really? There are no seats left?!" Wes looked just as saddened by the news. I knew he wanted me to be there as much as I did.

"Wow, I guess we'll just have to watch from home then." I said softly.

"There's got to be something we can do. Go straight to the top of the company- get Simon to pull some strings, go to the-"

"Keaton, I tried. It's out of our hands." Drew ran his hands over his face. I know Drew tried his hardest. The kid looked like he had a pretty rough day. Negotiating with those corporate-types could be pretty exhausting sometimes.

"Seriously guys, don't beat yourselves up." I tried to take a bit of the pressure off of Drew and the boys. It wasn't their fault that the show was getting more popular. I mean, in the back of our minds we probably all knew that it would be impossible for us to get tickets for this week.

"Yeah, it's no big deal. We'll have a screening party. It could be fun." Adrianna agreed, jumping up in support.

"So you guys aren't mad?" Drew asked, sounding relieved.

"No, of course not! It's not your fault that we couldn't get tickets. We'll still be rooting for you, just from Huntington- not LA." I gave them a small smile.

* * * * *

"So how are you holding up?" Wesley had his arm draped around me, and I was comfortably nuzzled into his shoulder sitting next to him on the couch.

"Pretty nervous to be honest." He replied, stretching his neck from side to side.

"Babe, you've got nothing to be nervous about." I promised him.

"I just don't like it Aves. In less than four days, the final three will be selected, and I don't know if we're going to be one of them." He said quietly. "Something's gone wrong every day so far. Our sound checks are sloppy and it just feels like something's wrong. And now since you're not going to be in the audience, I've got a bad feeling about this week."

"Hey, don't let it get to your head. You guys are a group of incredibly talented, hardworking guys. And no matter what happens, just know that making it this far already is an accomplishment in itself. And no matter what place you get, you'll always be a winner in my book." I laughed a little bit.

"That was seriously cliché." Wes laughed, kissing the top of my head.

"Yeah, but you needed to hear it." I smiled up at him.

"You're right, I did."

"So when am I gonna get the chance to spend some time with you again?" I asked. Today was Sunday, and it was the first time I had any contact with Wes since Thursday. He was practically living at rehearsal since Friday morning.

"I have no idea." He admitted while letting out a loud yawn. "If it were up to me, I'd never leave your house. But Simon is pushing us really hard. Fifth Harmony is still in the competition too, so he's really cracking down on both of us. I think he just really wants one of us to win- which is understandable."

"I guess his mind's in the right place. I just wish I could see you more." I pouted. I had plenty of time before I had to go back to school in January, but I just wanted to spend as much time with him as possible.

* * * * *

I heard my phone vibrating, but I couldn't find it. I had Tyler helping me turn over all the pillows in the living room before we finally located it, under the couch.

"Hey! Got it!" Ty scooped up my cell phone and slid it across the coffee table. "Two missed calls from Wes." I slid the icon on my lock screen and my phone started redialing.

"Aves, hey!"

"Hey, sorry I missed your call- my phone fell under the couch." I admitted sheepishly.

"Of course it did." He laughed. 

"You don't sound so surprised. Am I getting predictable?" I joked, placing the couch cushions back where they belonged. 

"It's one of your more endearing quailities." I could practically see him smiling.

"So what's up?" I asked him.

"Nothing much, we've just got some down time. Simon wants us to get some rest before tomorrow night." I leaned into the phone in an attempt to get closer to his voice. Even though we kept in constant contact, I couldn't help but feel like he was growing distant. And it worried me.

"How are the songs coming along?"

"Pretty good. The second number is going to be a surprise, but the first number that we're doing is "Baby, I Love Your Way" by Peter Frampton, and it's coming along pretty well."

"Your mom loves that song." I grinned, remembering all the Frampton records and CDs Laraine had at home.

"Exactly. We're doing it in honor of her, which is pretty cool." I heard some commotion in the background, and Wes turn away from the speaker to reply. "Hey babe, sorry- I've got to go. But I'll talk to you before the show tomorrow, yeah?"

"Okay bye! I love you." I said.

"Uh huh, yeah. See ya." He said, the line clicking almost immediately after. My mouth parted slightly before I put the phone down. 

"Hey, are you okay?" My head turned towards Tyler who was staring at me from across the room. There must have been a weird look on my face, because he looked a little concerned.

"Nah, it's nothing." I shook my head looking down at my phone.

I love you.

Uh huh, yeah. See ya.

Hey guys! I hope you like chapter 59 :) Also please check out my story, "Our Story so Far"!! Everyone who reads it/comments will get a chapter dedication on this story :)

Let me know what you think! 

10 comments and 50 votes for chapter 60!