Chapter 26

I should have been super happy for the weekend, but I just wasn't. The more days that went by, the closer the date got that Wesley would have to leave. What would I do at school every day without him? Without all of them?

"Hey, there's my birthday girl!" I grinned at the sound of his voice. Sure enough when I turned around, there was Wesley. He scooped me up into a huge hug and spun me around. 

"Wes! Put me down!" I giggle screeched. But he still held me propped over his shoulder where my face was hanging right over his butt.

"Enjoying the view?" He asked. I didn't even need to see his face to tell that there was a smirk plastered across it.

"Shut up!" I said laughing. I had no idea where he was taking me. I lifted my head up and my locker growing smaller in the distance. "Hello." I said to one of the freshman gawking at me awkwardly. She raised her hand and gave me a cautious wave. I heard Wes chuckle. "Where are we going?" I asked him.

"You'll seeeeeeeee." He teased.

"Wesley Trent Stromberg, where are you taking me?" I laughed.

"Averanda Luciana Bianchi," He started and I grew quiet. "You will find out when we get there." Wes was the only one that knew my full name besides Adrianna. He knew everything about me- even that I adopted my mother's last name after my dad left. "Okay, we're almost there so close your eyes."

"I'm pretty sure that would leave me disoriented." I said, referring to the fact that I was dangling upside down. I heard Wes push open a door, and I was pretty sure that we were now outside.

"Oh shut up and just do it." He said playfully. I laughed, but complied anyway. When he finally sat me down on the ground I opened my eyes and grinned. There was a blanket set up with pillows and a picnic basket. I looked around and we were on the football field- quite a walk from the school so I knew no one would bother us.

I sat down on the soft blanket. "The twenty yard line? Nice." I giggled. 

"The most romantic of all yard lines." He joked. "Plus there's no 18 yard line in football so this is as close as it gets." He smiled. "So, are you hungry?"

"Is that even a question?" Wes laughed and began unpacking the basket. 

"Okay so I've got your favorite," he tossed me a sandwich wrapped in plastic. I caught it and immediately recognized it as PB&J. "And some fruit, and cupcakes." He smiled at his accomplishments.

"Did you make all this?" I asked impressed.

"Everything except the cupcakes. I picked those up at Crumbs because we all know I can't bake for shit." He laughed.

"It's perfect, thank you." I grinned and pecked him on the cheek. And it was perfect. No one has ever done something like this for me before... it felt- magical?

We spent the next twenty minutes joking and playing games. I tried to catch pieces of popcorn in my mouth that Wes would throw, and I failed pretty much every time. Then we played slaps and chopsticks.

This day was absolutely perfect- it was just what I needed. "Oh, I've got one more thing for you." Wes said while reaching into the basket. "Close your eyes!" He said.

"Wes! You didn't need to get me anything!" I protested with my eyes closed.

"Of course I did, you're 18!" He replied. "Hair up." He told me. I collected my hair in one hand and held it at the top of my head like a ponytail. Seconds later I felt a strand of cool metal make contact with my skin. He clamped the necklace closed. "Okay done." He said and my eyes flickered open. "Before you protest, this is only part one." He smiled.

"Wesley! You didn't need to buy me anything!" I said. But I was happy that he did. I looked down at my chest where the small silver charm rested. And there in fancy silver script was a beautiful 'W'. 

"Does this W stand for anything specific?" I asked teasingly.

"Eh just some guy who I heard was crazy about you." He shrugged. His eyes met mine and then we both started laughing. "So you'll have a piece of me where ever you go." He said as he took my hand and laced his own fingers through it. I felt like crying. This was by far the sweetest boy that I had ever met and in a few days he was leaving, and everything was going to change.

"It's beautiful, I love it. I love you." I added smiling over at him.

"I love you too." He said before kissing me softly. "Now get up," He hopped to his feet and extended me his hand. "It's time for part two."

Part two involved all of our friends. We met them in the quad and they all bombarded me with hugs and gifts.

"Thanks guys, you're the best." I said after greeting everyone.

"Annnnndddd! We've got presents!" Adrianna sang.

"Come on guys, you didn't have to get me anything!" I protested. Jason laughed and slapped his fist on the table lightly.

"That's exactly what your mom said you'd say!" Jason admitted. "But we went and got you gifts anyway." He stuck his tongue out at me. Now it was my turn to laugh.

"Ooh me first, open mine first!" Brianna said bounding over to me with a small box. I opened it and saw a stack of bracelets. I gasped taking them out of the box; they were gorgeous. Some were made out of wooden beads, and others were tiny glass pieces.

"They're gorgeous Bri, thank you!" I said hugging her.

"Well I made them for a special occasion. And what's more special than your best friend's 18th birthday?" She replied grinning at me.

"Oh my god you made these? That's incredible!" I said.

"Nah, it was nothing." She waved me off, but I saw her blush slightly.

"Well my gift can't really follow that." Jason frowned as he handed me a neatly wrapped package. I tore the paper and unfolded a blue Villanova t-shirt. "So now you have something to wear to my games." He grinned at me and I laughed.

"Thanks Jase, it's perfect." I said.

"Now for me." Drew handed me a bag that contained a stuffed animal giraffe. I smiled and hugged it to my chest.

"Thanks Drew, the giraffe is my favorite animal." I grinned and hugged him.

"And now for Keaton's super amazing, fantastic, awesome gift." Keaton said handing me a package. I opened the paper and took out a beanie identical to the one I had given him for his birthday over the summer. "Now we can be twins." He said grinning.

"Thanks Keats, come here!" I said pulling him into a bear hug.

"And, last but not least..." Adrianna said pulling out a book from behind her back. I took it from her gingerly and realized that it was a scrapbook. It contained pictures of all of us. There were some of me and Owen surfing, ones of me and Adrianna from the night we went to see the boys play for the first time, pictures of me and Wes on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, even pictures of me in my dreaded orange sports bra cheering at the championship game. I laughed and hugged her the longest.

"Thanks guys for making this the best birthday ever."

Merry Christmas everyone!!! I hope you're having a wonderful day with family and friends :) Don't forget to give thanks to everyone who gave you gifts! Which brings me to my next point... did any body get any E3 gear for the holidays? I got an Emblem3 calendar and #bandlife tix :) Super happy & super grateful :) Don't forget to vote/comment and add this story to your reading list! Happy Holidays!

By the way, I just wanted to say that you guys are the BEST. The last chapter received over 60 votes. 60! This is incredible guys, thank you so much! 

60 votes for chapter 27!