Chapter 40

"Ugh, this week has been so crazy." Wes closed his eyes and rested his head on my shoulder. I rested my own head on top of his. We just sat like that for a few minutes, enjoying the first break that we've had in a long time.

"You're telling me." I grumbled, still exhausted. And then I remembered the shiny magaine that sat folded in my bag. "Oh, by the way. You guys made one of those tween magazines." I said, handing it to Wes. He flipped it open to the page I had bookmarked.

"Oooh, they think I'm cute." He laughed. "Is this photo flattering?" He held up the magazine next to his face, making the same expression as the one from the picture. I let out a small laugh. In reality, the magazine article just reminded me of what was to come. The X Factor was a big deal, and it was going to change our lives forever.

"Of course it is." I gave him a small smile. Wes was always able to tell when something was bothering me.

"You know, this doesn't change anything. The only opinion that I care about is yours." He told me.

"Well in that case, the article got this one right. You are cute." I smiled, poking him in the side.

"I know."

"Haha, no! This is when you're supposed to tell me that I'm cute too." I laughed.

"Okay fine, you're okay." He said, a small smile forming at the corner of his lips. I muffled a small laugh. "Okay, okay. You're the most beautiful girl that I've ever known. You're far too good for me. Better?" He asked.

"Perfect." I laughed. Wes kissed me on the top of my head and rose to his feet.

"You ready, pretty lady?" He wiggled his head, acting like a total goofball. He offered me his hand and pulled me to my feet.

"As I'll ever be." I sighed, fixing my hair. I rested my hands on Wesley's shoulders and smiled at him. My eyes drifted to his neck, where I saw his tie was crooked. I laughed slightly. "Didn't your mother ever teach you to tie one of these?"

"She has attempted to. I was never really any good at it, though." He admitted. I smiled and fixed it for him.

"All done." I kissed him softly on the lips. "Oh, one last thing." I bent down and zipped up his graduation gown. "All ready." I grinned. Wes picked up my graduation cap and placed on top of my freshly curled blonde hair. "Scale of one to ten, how sexy does this hat make me look?" I asked in a serious voice.

"Eleven. These things just radiate sexiness." He placed his own graduation cap on his head and grinned. He held out his arm and we walked down to the football field together.

"Hey, girlie! Look at us in our graduation gowns." Adrianna wrapped me up in a hug.

"I can't believe we're actually graduating today." I said nervously. At that moment the rest of our friends came to join us.

"Well, well, well. Since you guys are fancy highschool graduates now does this mean you guys are too cool to be seen with me?" Keaton appeared from behind Drew.

"Aww Keats, get in here!" I grabbed Keaton and squeezed him to death in a hug. I hang out with Keaton so often that I kind of forgot that he was two years younger than me.

"Alright everyone! Get together!" I saw Laraine bustling over to us holding her camera.

"Mommmmmm!" Wesley's cheeks tinted red like they always did when he got embarrassed. "Stop it." He tried to shoo her away.

"I don't think so!" Rick appeared out of nowhere with my mom and little brother by his side. They also had cameras in their possession. Now it was my time to blush. Wes and I locked eyes and knew that there was no way we were getting out of this one.

"Come on, let's get a picture of all the graduates!" Laraine roped us together. All the parents snapped their pictures. I was standing in between Adrianna and Wesley, but Tyler, Brianna, Jason, and Drew were in there too.

After that it was a nonstop photoshoot. I took a picture with just Adrianna, one with Adrianna and Owen, one with Wes and Keaton, one with Wes, Keaton and Drew, one with Tyler, my parents and Sam, and lastly, one with just me and Wes. That one was definitely my favorite.

* * * * *

After Brianna finished her valedictorian speech, the ceremony was finally over. That was it. We had finally graduated. I probably hugged every single person in the senior class, even Lindsey, much to my surprise. I even gaved Bryan McKiernan a hug goodbye.

"Now I've gotta say, I'm gonna miss seeing your face everyday, gorgeous." Bryan grinned, causing me to roll my eyes.

"NYU is on the opposite coast from USC and yet it's still not far enough away from you." I growled.

"Ooh, feisty. I'm gonna miss that too." He winked at me. I rolled my eyes and thumped him on the back of the head. "But for real, Brayden. Have a good summer." He smiled at me. I smiled back and hugged him once more.

"You too Bryan. Try not to be a complete douchebag at college." I joked.

"No promises." He winked before disappearing into the crowd of people. I shook my head and laughed, same old Bryan.

"WE MADE IT!!!!!!!!" Drew came over and draped his arms around Wes and me.

"You guys ready to party?" Jason bounded up next to me.

"This is going to be the best party of our highschool lives!" Wes bellowed. I laughed and slung my arm around his waist. "Whose house are we going to?"

"Jenna Prince." Jason nodded and we all whooped. Jenna's family was totally loaded and her house was amazing. She threw this huge party for Halloween at her mansion and I never wanted to leave. She had two pools. Two. One inside and one outside. It was kind of insane.

"Yes! Oh my god, I can't wait!" I said clapping excitedly. Jenna's party was going to be amazing. Not only was her house gorgeous, but her backyard could easily fit the entire grade.

"I feel like we're missing something..." I said out loud. Everyone looked at me for clarification. "I mean, it's our highschool graduation! I feel like we need some sort of cliche movie moment or something, you know?" Jason and Adrianna exchanged a look.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Adrianna asked.

"Count of three. One... Two...Three!" Jason and Adrianna threw their caps into the air, and the rest of us followed suit. Before I knew it, everyone was throwing their caps up into the air. Everyone was cheering and clapping, but among all the confusion, I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around me. I was pulled into Wesley's chest and felt his lips crash against mine. Nothing could make this moment more perfect.

I finally got my movie moment. And it was well worth waiting for.

Hey guys :D I hope you liked this chapter!!! 70 votes and 10 comments for the next chapter! :)

CONTEST TIME!!!!! Anyone who can guess my current favorite TV show gets to be featured in the next chapter!!! :D

hints: the lead character is a male, one of the leading characters had a role in Gossip Girl, it's on the CW.

GOOD LUCK!!