Chapter 24

When I woke up I was staring at an unfamiliar white stucco ceiling. This wasn't my room... shit, I must have fallen asleep on Adrianna's couch. Sure enough, my head was still resting on Wesley's chest. The clock on the wall said it was only six- we've been asleep for three hours. Without waking him, I managed to move my head so I could get a better view of his face.

People looked so different when they were asleep. Not to be creepy or anything, it's just an observation. And it wasn't an insult either. Wes looked so cute when he was asleep. He seemed at rest (well obviously) and just more peaceful. He didn't have to worry about all that stress that weighed down on him when he was awake.

Not only that but he also looked more vulnerable. He wasn't wearing that same cocky smirk that I had grown to love. Instead a small but sweet smile rested upon his lips. I was about to wake him up to tell him that we had to get out of here soon; Drew and Adrianna might come back any minute. But before I could do so much as tap him on the shoulder I heard the side door opening. So what did I do? I played possum and huddled back into Wesley's chest pretending to be asleep still.

I heard what must have been Adrianna's rash guard hit the floor in the mudroom. It made a sort of splat noise as it hit the sandy brown concrete. Of course she was out surfing. I smiled to myself; I would have done the same thing. I kept quiet though because that must have mean that Drew was with her. 

I raised my head up slowly over the couch to see if they were coming, but before I knew it Wes's hand was yanking me back down. It's a good thing he had because seconds later I heard Drew speaking quietly, about to enter the living room. I was about to say something in protest but he put a finger to my lips, shushing me. My eyebrows started crinkling at him to give him a confused look but he didn't see it because his eyelids fluttered closed. I slapped myself mentally for not catching on and pretended to be asleep still.

I heard footsteps coming over towards the couch. I clenched my teeth and stopped breathing. They're gonna know we're faking. Ugh, they're totally gonna know. 

"Yeah I'll just be over- Oh hey guys." Adrianna said, apparently just now spotting us on the couch. I didn't say anything, and neither did Wes. "Oh. Never mind- they're asleep." Adrianna called to Drew. She actually believed it. Phew, okay. I heard Drew walk in a few seconds later.

"You know, no matter how pissed I am at them for being able to stay together, I can't be mad because they're just so damn perfect together." Drew said laughing at himself. But it wasn't his usual bubbly 'Drew laugh'. This one was filled with sadness and maybe even a touch of envy. 

"I see what you mean. Avery's totally crazy about Wes, sometimes she just won't shut up about him." She laughed and I could feel my face reddening. I felt Wesley twitch under me slightly, which let me know that he was trying to hold in a laugh. He always thought I looked cute when I was embarrassed, but I was always dying on the inside. And with my track record, I'm known to get embarrassed quite often. 

But for some reason I felt the need to laugh too. Calm down Aves, don't blow our cover. I thought as I collected myself and remained calm.

"And Wes is completely smitten with her as well." Drew said. Ha! Now it's Wesley's turn to feel embarrassed. I smiled into his chest so Adrianna couldn't see. "I've never seen him so invested in anyone before- I'm glad he found someone that makes him happy." Wow, I've never heard Drew be this sappy before. It would probably be a real bonding moment between the two of them if Wes and I hadn't been faking unconsciousness.

"Remember when they first met and Wes hit me in the face with a volleyball?" Adrianna cackled.

"And then Avery was super mad and thought he was a complete douchebag?" Drew laughed back. "Who could forget?" Me! I could forget! I groaned in my head thinking back to how terrible I was to him almost a year ago.

"Well look at them a year later, good for them." Adrianna said, now switched back into her lovey dovey voice.

"Look at me now. Oh look at me now, fresher than a mother-" Drew started rapping but Adrianna interrupted.

"Okay! I get it. Wanna go upstairs and play X Box?" She laughed.

"COD?" Drew asked excitedly.

"Hell no. We're playing Mario Kart." Adrianna replied. I could feel her smirking behind me. She sucked at COD and totally knew it.

"Fine." Drew said dragging it out dramatically. "But I get to be Yoshi." And with that I heard the voices travel up the stairs and out of earshot.

"So word on the street is that you talk about me a lot." I turned to see Wes grinning at me.

"Really? Because I've heard that you're quite the smitten kitten." I said grinning back.

"Hmm, well I've also heard you think I'm a douchebag." He retorted. Darn he got me there. I crinkled my face into his shirt embarrassed, as usual. 

"You're never going to let that one go are you?" I laughed.

"Only if you can convince me that it's not true." He replied sitting up so we were cuddling now. He wore a fake pout on his face, pretending that the douchebag comment had really gotten to him. I shook the memory out of my head. Wes wasn't like that anymore. Actually, I'm not really sure he ever was like that. That was just how I saw him. But now that I really know Wes, I completely regret thinking those things. He was a great guy, and I was totally in love with him.

So to make up for it I pulled his lips to mine. He kissed me back and pulled me in closer to him. I missed this so much; it feels like we haven't been together in forever. But that just reinforces how close we are. We're comfortable enough around each other that we don't have to kiss all the time, or even talk. We can just for hours on end together in silence, not feeling obliged to have to talk about anything. It was a comfortable silence. Something that only people who were close to each other could accomplish.

I lived in the heat of the moment. And as I felt his lips on mine, I started to want more. I brought my body up without leaving his lips and carefully positioned myself so my legs straddled over him. My action must have caught Wes a little by surprise because I saw watched his eyes widen. But soon the surprise turned into a state of lust, and we continued to make out.

If I said I hadn't thought about it, I would be lying to you. I thought about it a lot actually. Well I mean I'm not obsessed or anything, but I've just been wondering. That would be a super big step in our relationship and I don't know if I'm ready to take it yet. After all, I still haven't done it yet. I haven't done anything yet. But I'm sure Wes has. For goodness sake have you seen the kid? He was gorgeous, and probably ten times more experienced. And surprisingly all of this was running through my mind as I was kissing Wesley.

I was so wrapped up in my own thoughts that I didn't hear the front door open. 

"I leave you guys alone for an hour and this is what happens?" Wes and I pulled away from each other immediately to find a disturbed looking Keaton eyeing us. I crawled off his brother's lap awkwardly and sat on the opposite side of the couch. Wes coughed awkwardly and placed one of the couch pillows over his lap.

When I saw what he was trying to cover up my face turned so red I thought I was going to die. Keaton's eyes widened and he took a step back. "I'm err..." And he took off out of the room like lightning. Wes and I made eye contact and burst out laughing.

This was probably the most awkward thing that has ever happened to me, but for some strange and weird reason I found it absolutely hilarious.

Chapter 24 is finished!!! woohoo! :) haha thanks for all the votes on the last chapter guys :) Can we try for 50 this time? :D that would make me so amazingly happy :D