Chapter 34

Alright guys, here you go. Chapter 34. Just as an avisory, this chapter has a little bit of a PG-13 rating. Nothing too graphic, but I'm just telling you in advance :) Hope you guys like it!!

"Hey Aves, I got the mail and put your stuff on your desk." Tyler jogged down the stairs.

"Cool thanks. Where are you going?" I scanned his outfit up and down. His hair was freshly washed and styled, and his shirt was clean. Let me tell you, Tyler in a clean shirt? Must be a special occasion.

"I'm headed out to pick up Brianna." He grabbed his car keys off the table in the foyer. "Oh and Rick texted both of us- said there was some sort of emergency at the company's legal firm and he had to fly to Chicago tonight." I unlocked my phone and read through the message. 'Be back on Monday, yada yada yada... money for pizza in the drawer...'

"Thanks for telling me!" I called out before Tyler headed out the door. He waved his hand up in acknowledgement. A few seconds later I heard the door click closed. I was completely alone. Except for...

"Hey, was that Tyler?" Wes reappeared in the living room holding a bowl of pretzels.

"Yeah, he's going out with Bri. And apparently Rick's out on business until Monday." I said. An awkward silence stood between us. No one was home. No one was going to be home.

"Alright, cool." Wes nodded and sat on the other side of the couch.

"Yep." Great, now it was getting awkward.

"What do you wanna do? You wanna watch a movie or something?" He offered, breaking the tension.

"Okay, yeah sure. I've got a bunch of DVDs upstairs." I got up and motioned for him to follow me. "Do you wanna check the hall closet while I check the closet in my room?"

"Sure. But we're not watching the Proposal again." He laughed. I was about to protest, but Wes looked at me with the you-got-to-pick-last-time-but-I'm-letting-you-pick-again-so-don't-push-it face. I narrowed my eyes and sighed.

"Fine." I smiled at him. I skipped into my room, the plush carpet smushing down under my feet. Hmm, DVD case, DVD case... where are you? I moved around a bunch of boxes in my closet. The other day Rick was getting on my case about keeping my room neat, so I did a bit of reorganizing. So much so that now I couldn't find anything. I groaned and stepped back from the closet to get a better view.

And there it was on the top shelf peeking out from behind a stack of books. How did I even get it up there? I jumped a little but couldn't manage to reach it. This was getting really frustrating. I jumped up again and missed. Before I could jump a third time I felt a hand slide the sleeve of my t-shirt back up onto my shoulder. I watched as Wes stepped in front of me to get the DVD case out of the closet. My shoulder still tingled from his touch.

Slowly, he walked back over to me and placed the case in my hands. I moved my hands over his to take the case from him, but I wouldn't move. I couldn't. I just let my hand stay there- wrapped in the warmth of his. I don't know why, it just felt right. I looked up slowly and found Wesley staring at me. It wasn't awkward or uncomfortable, he was just- staring.

Before I knew it, the DVD case was falling to the floor and I had pushed Wes against the wall, kissing his lips roughly. I was rather surprised with myself. Where the heck was this all coming from? I think I might have caught Wesley off guard a little because his eyes were wide open in shock for a few seconds. But it didn't take him long to adjust. In the next few seconds I was the one pushed up against the wall as he kissed up and down my neck.

Wes lifted me up and threw me down on my bed as he tore his shirt from his body in one swift motion by grabbing the back of the neckline. Well okay, that was insanely hot. I ran my hands up and down his stomach, taking in the contours of his abs each time. We continued to make out for a few minutes until my shirt (or well his shirt) was also crumpled up on the ground.

Once again Wes rolled us over so he was hovering over me. His hands remained behind my back, but didn't go anywhere near the clasp of my bra. This was actually happening. So that's when I found my own hands wandering down his chest to undo his belt. Wes pulled away, panting.

"Are you sure about this?" He looked me straight in the eye.

"I'm sure. I love you." I told him.

"I love you too."

* * * * *

I rolled over in bed not expecting to hit another person. I jolted awake, but then sank back down under my covers when I saw Wes sleeping quietly on the pillow next to me. There was a small smile teasingly hanging on his lips even as he slept. Even when he was asleep he was proud of what just happened. That smug little jerk. I couldn't help but let out a little laugh. I clamped my hand over my mouth as Wes rolled over. Slowly I slipped out from under the covers and threw Wesley's t-shirt over my body.

I looked over at the clock- 4:32 AM. I was pretty tired, but I couldn't sleep anymore. I was too jittery. I grabbed my water bottle from the nightstand and was about to walk into the bathroom when a stack of letters caught my eye. Oh right, Tyler had dropped off my mail. I set the water bottle down and picked up the stack of mail instead.

A copy of Seventeen magazine, a coupon for a free sandwich, and a professional looking envelope. I dropped the piece of mail like it was on fire. A small sliver of light from the moon illuminated the envelope on the floor. There it was printed in the top right corner- clear as day. NYU. This letter held the key to my future.

About fifteen minutes later, my shaky hands were finally ready to open up the envelope. I tore through the seal and began to tear up at the first words.

Congratulations...

Oh em gee :O

So, it only took a book and a half, but Wes and Avery finally did it. GASP!

haha but that's not all that happened! Avery got a life changing letter in the mail...

What did you guys think of this chapter?? :)

Since you guys are such awesome readers and you vote so fast, I'm gonna need a little time to write each chapter :) That's why I'm asking for 70 votes and 10 comments :) I love you guys so much!!! You're the best :*