Chapter. 9. Is It Worth It?

I got dressed and went to the precinct, the whole team was there and mom was busy with paperwork

"Mom?" I asked and she immediately looked up.

"Emily what are you doing here?"

"Well dad needed to get some paperwork and I needed to see you" I said taking a deep breath.

"OK um... sit down"

"No. I think this would be best if we talked in private" I said and I can see worry cross her face.

"OK..." she trails standing up.and we walk to an empty interrogation room. She looks to me for answers, that I now think I might not be able to give her. I took a deep breath and prepared myself for her reaction.

"I keep having flashbacks about that night with Eric" I say trying not to cry.

'Oh my god" mom said angrily, more so at herself than Eric.

"I just need to know. Is Elliot my father?" I asked and she looked up, her eyes beginning to water.

"How could you ask that?" she asked quietly and now we were both crying.

"Because its what he kept saying, he said it that night you were knocked out on the floor and he gave me my inhaler, he said it when he held us hostage" I stated.

"That doesn't make it true!" Mom yelled, now she's hysterical.

"Mom I-I'm sorry" I said but she just wiped her tears and walked out.

"If you want a DNA test then be my guest" she said closing the door. I felt bad, was this worth it? I couldn't do it anymore, the therapy the talking. My little heart to hearts with mom. I just felt sick of it I didn't wanna do this anymore, I needed to find a way out. Then I realised, my parents both have guns, I'm in a building filled with guns. I walked to my mom's desk and got my phone, I was trying to figure out how to get her gun but it's like a second child to her, she's known her gun longer than she's known me, I decided dad would be easier. I quickly grabbed his gun and put it to my head. "Emily don't!" Mom exclaimed but it was too late I had already made my decision. BANG! a loud gunshot filled the air.

Should I continue? I'm not sure... So please tell me?! Thanks!