Chapter. 7. Assembly.

I was heading to school when I remembered mom and Amanda were going to be talking about rape. Yay! (not). "Mom come on!" I called by the door.

"Coming!" she called. I just stood there waiting. We drove to school and I got to my first class and then we were called to assembly.

"Morning everyone" the principal said.

"Morning" we replied in unison.

"Now today we have two NYPD detectives here to talk about rape awareness. This is detective Rollins and Detective Benson" he said before sitting down at the front of the hall. It went fine until Q&A.

"What if you're a where who screws someone in an ally" Katie asked and mom automatically knew what she was talking about. Oh no. I thought.

"I see you ask from experience?" she asked and I know she wanted to say more but couldn't of course.

"No." Katie said and mom just rolled her eyes before moving on. They carried on and there was questions like "what if it was your boyfriend?" or "when should it be reported? Do you have to wait a certain amount of time?" then after all that mom and Amanda gave out their cards to people, mom gave them to one side and Amanda the other. At the end people could report if they needed to and Katie went up. I was actually worried that mom would just put her hands around her throat and strangle her.

"So I was wondering when you're gonna start homeschooling your whore of a daughter?"

"Ob don't worry sweetheart I will, the day you look in the mirror and it doesn't crack then I'll do it"

"Like mother like daughter"

"When you are raped the we'll talk. But in the mean time you stay away from my daughter or I will make you sorry, very sorry" mom snapped.

"Are you threatening me cause I'll tell your boss!"

"Threatening you? Well if you don't want to take my advice that's fine but I think you'd regret it" she said innocently.

"You did it again" Katie snapped.

"I'm sorry but I haven't said anything. Did you hear anything Amanda? she asked.

"Nope" Amanda smiled and Katie stormed off. 

Mom let me come home early and we had pancakes and then mom had ice-cream and waffles. "Wow mom you must be starving"

"Talking to that brat took a lot out of me" she said and I laughed. "She won't bother you anymore" mom said but just then I got a text.
Your mommy can protect you at home but I'm going to make your life hell in school. It read and mom looked like she might smash my phone, she dialed the number and gave me the satisfaction of listening in.

"Hey Emily. Have you gone crying to your mommy yet?"

"She has actually, this is her mommy speaking" mom said and at first Katie didn't seem to care.

"You can't touch me" she laughed.

"Emily isn't it such a shame that you're friend jumped off her building with no signs of  assault, just a smashed face?" she asked and now Katie seemed a little less confident.

"You can't do that, you're a cop"

"I can make it look like an accident. Or I could put you away for taking part in a rape. So try me" she said hanging up the phone. I wasn't sure what Katie was going to do but I didn't care anymore.

Sorry it's a little short :)