Chapter. 5. Fight.

I woke to the sound of yelling, I peeked my head around the door. I saw mom and dad arguing. "You can't just come along and take my daughter!" dad yelled.

"She's our daughter and yes I can. If you have a problem you should go to court but you know judges always rule in favour of the mother" mom said.

"Yeah well you do that but I'm taking her home" he said walking towards me and taking my hand.

"No she's not going anywhere!" Mom yelled teary eyed.

"I'm this close to pressing charges!" Dad snapped and now I was crying.

"Stop! Both of you stop!" I yelled and they both fall silent. "You two used to love each other, you'd die for each other and now you're willing to kill each other because of me. This is all Sarah's fault, she's the one who hits me, she's the one who degrades me and you two. The only people I actually love are fighting and I keep ending up with her" I said as more tears fell.

"Emily what have I told you about lying" dad said disappointedly.

"She's not lying!" Mom yelled approaching me. I lifted up my shirt to reveal my bruises. "Does this look like she was lying?" Mom asked coldly. His eyes widened.

"I-I didn't I-I'm sorry" he said as his eyes began to water. "H-how did I let this happen" he asked hugging me.

"It's not your fault" I said and now all three of us were crying.

"Just do me one favour" I whispered.

"Anything" they said in unison. I dragged dad to mom and stood out from between them. I could see their eyes meet I backed up slightly but still watched closely.

"I'm sorry" mom whispered.

"Me too" dad whispered back, then they kiss it was like something from one of those romance movies, I've never seen a kiss so deep, he never kissed Sarah that way. I smiled as they pulled away and turned to me.

"Go on, you don't need my permission" I laughed and they kissed again. Piece by piece I was getting my family back.

"What about Sarah?" Mom asked.

"Screw her" dad replied.

We decided to spend the night at mom's because I didn't want to go home. The next day I got dressed and was ready to go to school. "I'll take you, I need to talk to your principal anyway" mom said as she handed me a plate.

"Why?"

"Cragen wants me to talk to you guys"

"Why?" I asked again.

"Because... he's my boss and I do what he says"

"From what I've heard you do everything but do what he says"

"Well that was 10 years ago"

"Yeah..  well you haven't lost your insanity"

"I'm perfectly sane.... most of the time" she joked and I laughed.

"Just don't embarrass me" I said.

"Don't worry, Amanda will be there besides this hurts me a lot more than it hurts you"

"How so?"

"If I asked you to stand in front of the guys and talk about rape would you?" she asked and I shook my head hurriedly. "Exactly" she said buttering my toast.

After school.

I felt so depressed, Katie was taunting me today, but it was worse than before. She called me ugly and said I should just die already. "I thought Marcus made that pretty clear" she had said and I have been feeling sick ever since. The whole day I was getting flashbacks, I wanted to tell mom but I know she would never understand, how could she? She lived a happy life, she was never raped. I know Eric had mentioned it that day in the library but she was in shock and I don't think it registered, I can't even remember half of that day myself so I don't expect her to. I lock myself in the bathroom and just look in the mirror. I was starting to think Katie was right, I couldn't let her win but depression was sinking in. "Em you OK?" Mom called but I don't reply, I can't find the words. "Emily?" she called again knocking harder this time, I think she knows what I'm about to do. "Please just talk to me" she said lower than a whisper, making it only audible to me.

"You don't understand" I managed to stutter out.

"Just tell me, it'll make it feel better"

"I can't! You don't know what it's like"

"Please don't hurt yourself"

"I have to" I said. I did feel bad, I know she could just break the door down but it was like she wanted me to stop on my own. How could she understand? The humiliation of someone violating you? Seeing their face when you sleep? How could she understand what it felt like to have someone force themselves in you? That was the thing. She didn't. Did she?

Hope you like! More on the way thanks for the comments I really love hearing from you. It might sound stupid but it makes my day lol! :)