Chapter. 8.Just Dreaming?

Marcus was found guilty of rape and I was able to just get on with my life, Katie was also put away but only for a year, still a year is a long time. I was doing a lot better and everyone noticed. "Wow Emily you seem happy today" Nick said, sounding surprised almost. Everything was OK until the dream....
Dream.

"JUST GET OUT! Mom screams, I peek my head around the door and see Eric. He forced his way inside and entered my room, he took me in his arms, I (, being a four year old) was unable to do anything. "MOMMY!" I cried reaching out to her.

"Please" mom begged, now starting to cry.

"She's my child I have rights" he said but mom wasn't just going to let him take me. He put me down and they started fighting. I hid in my room and listened to their screaming match before peeking out again. He hit mom and she went down, she wasn't moving. Tears rolled down my cheeks, I could see Eric trying to hide his panic

"Olivia? Wake up! Olivia!" he said shaking her violently, but nothing, there was blood everywhere, I watched him clean the floor before taking mom in his arms. I closed the door once again and once I reopened it there she was, no Eric.

"Mommy? Mommy?" I called from my room but got no answer. "Mommy!! I need my medicine!" I called getting up. I entered the living room but there was no sign, I then went to the kitchen and saw her laying motionless on the floor. "Mommy wake up" I said shaking her. "Please m-my medicine" I begged, my breathing became hurried and shallow. "Mommy" I said weakly as I began to cry. I grabbed her phone and did what I was taught to do in case of emergency.

"911 what's your emergency?"

"M-my my my m-my mommy won't w-wake up and I-I n-need my medicine"

"OK sweetheart help is on the way just stay there OK"

"OK" I said putting down the phone, but I was getting dizzy, my vision was blurred.

"Hey Emie are you looking for this?" a voice asked, I turned around and saw Eric holding my inhaler.

"M-my medicine!" I exclaimed through gasps of air.

"It's OK come to daddy, he'll make it all better" he said and I stumbled towards him, collapsing in his arms.

Reality.

"DADDY!" I screamed knowing he had his day off today.

"Em are you OK?" he asked running in, I was in tears. He sat beside me and hugged me.

"Don't worry the flashbacks will start to go away, Marcus is in jail he can't hurt you" he said softly.

"Where's mom?" I asked in a panic.

"She's at work... what's this about?"

"I-I need to see her" I said through sobs.

"Why? What's going on?"

"I think I saw what happened..." I trailed.

"What?"

"When Eric r-raped her I-I think I saw it. I h-ad a d-dream that h-he hit her and she fell and the-the b-blood was everywhere and-and- he.." I broke down.

"It's OK I've gotcha"

"I just need to see her" I sobbed, my breathing was deep and wheezy.

"Have you been taking your meds?" he asked concerned.

"No I stopped, Sarah used to flush them down the toilet and when I felt an attack coming on she liked to watch, she'd only give me my inhaler when I turned purple" I said, crying even harder now.

"What?!" he yelled "she did what?!"

"Dad really it's fine, mom's here now just make sure you don't let her go" I said softly.

"I won't" he smiled.

"Dad?" I asked and he looked directly at me. "How can you love someone like that and then someone like mom?"

"Well let's face it no one else is like your mom she's crazy" he said jokingly before turning serious. "I guess I didn't really love Sarah to begin with, I had no idea what she was doing to you" he said sadly.

"It's not your fault I didn't have any bruises that you could see and she always acted nicer when you were around. I guess I just missed having a mom. And now that I do I'm scared, scared in case I lose her again, scared in case she leaves me" I said looking down.

"She would never leave by choice Emie you know that"

"I know but what if it's not by choice, what if someone gets her? What if Eric has family who wanna hurt her, us. What if one of them rapes her? What if she hates me? What if I'm really his?" I say all at once and he seemed shocked.

"Well... If you want a DNA test then...." he trails but I shake my head.

"I don't want to know" I said and he just nodded slowly, I think what I said got to him. "I'm happy with the father I have" I whispered hugging him tightly.

"Get dressed, I'll go call your mother" he whispered, kissing my forehead.

"Dad wait!" I said grabbing his hand. "Stay. Just for awhile" I ask lifting up the covers, he climbs under and I hug him tightly. "I love you daddy" I whisper as I start to doze again.

Hope you guys liked! My screen still isn't fixed but I had withdrawal from posting on here lol. If there are any mistakes I apologise but it's hard to type! Also thanks for any comments if I don't reply or mention them it's because until I fix my phone I can't read them ha! I'll try and update again SOON!