Chapter 14 - Skirmish in Galar Mine No.2

Inside Galar Mine No.2:

"Alright guys, let's head to Motostoke Town," said Gary after the group has had breakfast at a restaurant near the Pokemon Centre and began heading south towards their destination.

About 15 minutes, the group reached Galar Mine No.2, needing to travel through it in order to reach Motostoke Town.

"Another mine?" said Chloe.

"Hopefully it won't be too difficult to pass through," said Goh as the four of them entered the mine.

"Wow, the mine looks completely different to the first one we went through," said Gary.

"A beautiful purple cavern, containing several pools of water," said Ash as he scanned the surroundings.

"Let's get going," said Chloe and the others continued on.

About 1km inwards from the entrance of the mine:

"Alright, this is where we should wait for the traitors to appear," said Iris as she and the traitors as well as the 4 Macros Cosmos employees hid behind several large rocks located on both sides of the main passage.

"Should we take out one Pokemon each with us now so we can attack immediately?" asked Employee 1.

"Just two of us, since I doubt that all of our Pokemon can be well hidden of taken out at once," said Trip.

"Fair point, so who is going to take their Pokemon first?" asked Employee 2.

"How about one from each of us," suggested Drew. "Me and one of you guys." She then turned to her fellow traitors, "if that's okay with you guys."

"Sure thing," said the rest in approval and Drew sent out Flygon while Employee 1 sent out Perserrker.

"What Pokemon is that?" asked Iris.

"That's Perserrker, which evolves from Galarian Meowth," said Employee 2.

"Galarian Meowth? Interesting," said Misty.

"Indeed. I think it's best we keep quiet so Ash and his friends won't suspect us when we prepare our attack," said Trip.

"Good idea," said Employee 3 in agreement.

"Also, what do we do if this battle plan fails for whatever reason?" asked May.

"We toss smoke bombs, and flee this mine towards Motostoke Town, then head towards Hammerlocke City," said Employee 4.

"Hammerlocke City? Isn't that where the last gym is located?" asked Trip.

"That's correct," said Employee 1.

"But what about our gym challenges?" asked Calem.

"Good point. Then how about this? We'll exchange phone numbers and once we report to Rose and when he gives us a new task, we'll contact you lot and find a place to rendezvous," answered Employee 2.

"Deal," said Kenny.

About 15 minutes later:

"How long do we have left before we exit this mine?" asked Goh.

"Let's have a look," said Chloe as she turned on her Nanodex and checked the map. "Another 500m left till we're out of here."

A short moment later, two attacks, Seed Bomb and Stone Edge began to fire towards the group.

"LOOK OUT!" said Gary as he pushed the others out of harm's way.

"What in the name of Arceus was that?" asked Goh and seconds later, a Flygon and a Perserrker began to appear in front of them and block their way.