Chapter 21 - What's Next?

A few hours later, with Ash and his friends at the Pokemon Centre accommodation in Circhester City:

"So Ash, what do you reckon we should do for now with the traitors and those strange people they were with?" asked Brock.

"I was thinking of reporting them to Leon, and perhaps get him to help us investigate those people," said Ash.

"Well, that's going to be difficult without a photo of the uniform they were wearing when we first encountered them," said Gary.

"It's still worth a try. Better than doing nothing at all," said Chloe.

"Ash, isn't Leon the one in charge of managing the World Coronation Series?" asked Max.

"That's correct. Why do you ask?" inquired Ash.

"Well maybe we can ban Trip and Calem from competing in the tournament after what they did to us," said Max.

"That is a solution, but to be honest, I'd rather settle this at the later end of the tournament. It's quite boring to just kick them out like that," said Ash.

"Fair enough," said Max.

"Well if we want to get answers, perhaps we can interrogate the traitors," suggested Dawn.

"That is a solution, but do we have the authority to do that?" asked Goh.

"Alone by ourselves, most likely not, but with Leon, definitely possible," said Ash.

"But will they listen though?" asked Clemont.

"Well we can threaten to revoke their licences as a Pokemon Trainer or something like that," asked Bonnie.

"But that would defeat the purpose of Ash wanting to defeat them in the later part of the World Coronation Series, namely Trip and Calem," said Serena.

"Serena's right, Bonnie. My best idea is that we still report the matter to Leon, then get him to help investigate the matter. On a side note, in order to prevent this sort of skirmish breaking out again, I will be keeping Lucario outside my PokeBall at all times, in which I haven't done for quite a while now, so he can detect any unpleasant people near us," said Ash.

"So when are we going to inform Leon of the incident?" asked Lillie.

"Well it's getting quite late now, so we'll have dinner now and contact Leon tomorrow morning after breakfast," replied Ash.

Tomorrow morning after breakfast, with Ash and his friends at the raven-haired trainer's cabin:

"Alright, here we go," said Ash as he put the Nanodex in front of him and his friends. Seconds later, Leon's hologram began to appear above the device.

"Hi Ash. It's been a while since we last talked? How have you been? And who are these group of people aside from Gary, Goh and Chloe?" asked Leon.

"Morning Leon, I'm doing great. These people are my friends that I travelled with during my journeys from the other regions," said Ash.

"Pleased to meet you all. I'm glad to have met the friends of the Champion of Alola and the Pokemon Master," said Leon and the rest greeted in return.

"How's your gym challenges going?" asked Leon.

"Oh, I recently defeated Bede in Ballonlea Town," said Ash.

"Nice work. What did you think of the battle?" asked Leon.

"Well, to be honest, it wasn't as great as I expected," said Ash.

"I'm guessing he was being quite arrogant," said Leon.