Chapter 2 - Returning back to Kanto

6 days later:

"Well, here we are," said Ash as they approached the entrance of Aina's Kitchen.

"Let's go in," said Gary as the raven-haired trainer opened the door, only to be greeted by Abe, Professor Kukui, Principal Oak, the restaurant staff and the five students.

"We've been waiting for you," said Mallow. "The food will be ready in a few minutes."

"Wow, talk about fast and efficient service," commented Gary and true to Mallow's words, restaurant staff members came out of the kitchen after about 2 minutes carrying plates of food and placed it in the tables where Ash, Gary and everyone else were seated.

"Enjoy your meal," said Abe as he walked into the kitchen and the diners began to eat the food without a second thought.

"Another thing I'll miss when going back to Kanto is this wonderful place," said Ash.

"Won't argue with that," said Gary in agreement.

"I'm glad you guys love this place, makes me very happy to hear," said Mallow.

About 20 minutes later, the plates on the table were emptied without any food scraps and the staff began to carry them away while handing out plates of dessert, which was also eaten with relish.

"Well that's it. The end of our last luxurious meal before leaving Alola," said Gary.

"Thanks for the delicious food, Abe, never disappoints," said Ash.

"Always a pleasure. Take care when going to Kanto," replied Abe as the diners began making their way out of the restaurant.

"Hey Gary, can I talk to you in private?" asked Lillie once everyone was outside the restaurant and began heading to their respective homes.

"Sure thing. Where do you want to talk?" replied Gary.

"The battlefield at the Pokemon school," answered Lillie.

"Alright then, let's go then. See you at the cabin, Ash," said Gary as he and Lillie began to make their way towards the battlefield.

"Wonder what they want to talk about in private," the raven-haired trainer thought to himself as he took out Charizard and flew to his cabin.

At the battlefield:

"So Lillie, what was it that you wanted to talk about?" asked Gary.

"Well, where do I begin?" said Lillie who began blushing. "The truth is, I really like you, Gary," she said after a few seconds of hesitation.

"Wait what? Since when?" asked Gary who was mildly surpised.

"For quite a while, I've began to really enjoy your company when you helped Professor Kukui with his research," replied Lillie.

"So that time when you kissed me during the tournament... Was that your first sign of affection towards me?" asked Gary.

"Pretty much, aside from being my way of thanking you for the research information about the Kanto variants of Pokemon in Alola," answered Lillie, causing Gary to start blushing.

"Lillie, truth to be told, I really enjoyed your company during my stay in Alola. You're an amazing person and it is never a dull moment with you," said Gary after a short moment of silence as he began to realise his feelings for the blonde-haired girl.

"I will miss you, Gary. Stay safe when you're with Ash," said Lillie.

"I'll miss you too, Lillie. Will be back before you know it," promised Gary and seconds later the two individuals locked eyes with each other while embracing for a kiss on the lips, becoming a moment of bliss for both of them.