Chapter 35 - Ash VS Calem

Calem's Pokemon Moveset Update:

Meowstic: Calm Mind, Psychic, Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt.

Clefable: Moonblast, Reflect, Psyshock, Fire Blast.

Absol: Swords Dance, Throat Chop, Psycho Cut, Iron Tail.

Vaporeon: Dig, Iron Tail, Hydro Pump, Blizzard.

Chesnaught: Bulk Up, Drain Punch, Wood Hammer, Stone Edge.

Altaria: Steel Wing, Dragon Dance, Body Slam, Dragon Rush. Item: Altarianite. 

During the afternoon on the same day that Leon defeated Bede at the battlefield:

"This will be an official full battle between the challengers Ash and Calem. Mega Evolution, Z-Moves, Dynamax/Gigantamax and substitutions can be done at any time and the battle will be over when all of either side's Pokemon are unable to battle. Can both sides please send out their first Pokemon?" requested the referee.

"Meowstic, I shall start with you," said Calem as he sent out the Constraint Pokemon into the battlefield.

"Heracross, I choose you," said Ash as he sent out the Single Horn Pokemon into the battlefield.

"Battle begin," said the referee.

"Meowstic, use Calm Mind," ordered Calem as the Constraint Pokemon closed its eyes and its body glowed blue, increasing its special attack and special defense.

"Start off with Bulk Up," commanded Ash as Heracross flexed its arm muscles, causing a red aura to surround its body, increasing its attack and defense.

"Use Psychic," said Calem as Meowstic fired a wave of purple energy at the opposing Heracross.

"Counter with Megahorn," said Ash as Heracross's horn glowed white and started charging towards the opposing Psychic attack, easily overpowering it and scoring a super effective move.

"Use Shadow Ball," said Calem as Meowstic fired a dark purple ball of shadows at the opposing Heracross.

"Block it with Stone Edge," said Ash as Heracross slammed one of its claws into the ground, causing several sharp stones to protrude from the surface of the ground, heading towards the opposing Shadow Ball, easily overpowering the ghost-type attack and scoring a hit on Meowstic, eventually causing the Constraint Pokemon to faint from the impact.

"Meowstic is unable to battle. Heracross wins," said the referee.

"That was incredibly quick," said Chloe.

"That's Ash for you," said Gary.

"Return, Meowstic. Clefable, you're next," said Calem as he recalled the Constraint Pokemon and sent out the Fairy Pokemon into the battlefield.

"Battle begin," said the referee.

"Heracross, use Stone Edge," said Ash as the Single Horn Pokemon slammed one of its claws onto the ground, causing several sharp stones to appear from the ground and head towards Clefable.

"Reduce the damage by using Reflect," said Calem as Clefable created a rainbow-coloured wall surrounding itself, increasing its defense by 2 stages for 5 turns, whilst getting hit by the Stone Edge attack.

"In that case, use Bulk Up once more," said Ash as Heracross flexed its arms muscles, causing a red aura to surround its body, increasing its attack and defense for the second time.

"Moonblast," said Calem as Clefable fired a pink orb of energy at the opposing Heracross, scoring a direct super effective hit on the Single Horn Pokemon.