Chapter 1 - A New Adventure

With Ash and Gary at the constructed battlefield next to their cabin at the Ten Carat Hill area in Alola:

"Pikachu, Volt Tackle," commanded Ash as the Mouse Pokemon began to run towards Blastoise at a high speed while its body became surrounded with electricity.

"Block it with Skull Bash," ordered Gary as Blastoise (in its Mega-Evolved Form) tucked its arms and legs inside its shell and began spinning at a high speed towards the approaching Pikachu.

Seconds later, both Pokemon directly collided with each other taking damage.

"Alright, Gary. You wanna finish this off?" asked Ash.

"As you wish, Ash. Hydro Pump, full blast," answered Gary as Blastoise fired a powerful jet of water from the three cannons on its shell towards Pikachu.

"Pikachu, let's do this," said Ash as he and the Mouse Pokemon began a series of poses while gathering energy to fire their exclusive Z-Move, Catastropika. Seconds later, the Electric-type attack was ready and Pikachu began to pounce towards the opposing Hydro Pump while its body was covered in the maximum possible amount of electricity, causing a giant explosion to break out and cover the battlefield. 

After about a minute, the explosion covering the battlefield had finally cleared up, revealing that Blastoise had fainted, reverting to its original form while Pikachu was still standing while taking heavy damage.

"Aw man, we lost. Great job, Blastoise. Take a good rest," said Gary as he returned the Shellfish Pokemon back into its PokeBall.

"Well done, Pikachu," said Ash as the Mouse Pokemon returned to his side.  "Awesome battle, Gary."

"Thanks, Ash. Couldn't have done it without the help of the Alolan Champion," said Gary.

"Haha appreciate it," said Ash and seconds later, the Nanodex in his pocket began to buzz, revealing that the call is from Professor Kukui.

"Good morning, Professor Kukui," said Ash. "How can I help you?"

"Morning Ash, there is something that Professor Oak, Principal Oak and I wish to discuss with you and Gary. Could the both of you meet up with me in about an hour at the Principal's Office at the Pokemon School?" asked Professor Kukui.

"1 hour? Not a problem," answered Ash.

"Excellent. In that case, see you then," said Professor Kukui and the call ended a second later.

"So Professor Kukui wants to see us in about an hour huh?" asked Gary.

"Yes. In the meantime, let's fly to the Hau'oli Pokemon Centre to heal my Pikachu and your Blastoise," said Ash.

"Let's go then," said Gary as he took out Scizor while Ash took out Charizard and both trainers made their way to the destination, arriving at around 15 minutes after.

An hour later, with Ash, Gary, Professor Kukui and Samson Oak at the Principal:

"So what is it that you guys wanted to discuss?" asked Gary.

"Wait until Principal Oak turns on the videophone, then we'll explain," replied Professor Kukui. In less than a minute, the videophone was turned on, revealing Professor Oak. 

"Good morning, Ash and Gary," greeted the Kantonian Professor. "I'm sure the two of you are wondering why I have wanted to talk to you."

"Yes, we are, gramps. What do you have in store for us?" asked Gary.

"Recently, I have been in contact with a fellow Professor named Professor Cerise, whose research lab is in Vermilion City. I have told him a bit about both of you, and he wishes to meet you two in person and discuss something. I'll be joining you guys, of course," replied Professor Oak.